Way To Reverse Trac On/off Button?

flop170

i want the trac button to where it turns ON trac when i push it, not off... i think it should be always off unless i want it on.... is this possible? backwards of the way it is.....maybe something you can buy to bypass it or switching the wires or something... thanks

-matt

i want the trac button to where it turns ON trac when i push it, not off... i think it should be always off unless i want it on.... is this possible? backwards of the way it is.....maybe something you can buy to bypass it or switching the wires or something... thanks

-matt

I have been wondering this myself, cuz I like to drive with my trac control off also.

ANYONE?? hehe no help here :whistles:

I was looking into it. I don't think it's as easy as just switching the controls. The traction control system registers with the vehicle everytime it starts up. I think if you reverse the connection you'll throw up a cell saying there is a problem with the TCS everytime you start the car. So, you would have to be able to override that also, which means you would have to do some ecu work.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay call me a dummy but I am not even too sure what the trac button is for. I read a little on it but was not too sure. I always thought the button should be on all of the time....??? Could anybody clarify

I was looking into it. I don't think it's as easy as just switching the controls. The traction control system registers with the vehicle everytime it starts up. I think if you reverse the connection you'll throw up a cell saying there is a problem with the TCS everytime you start the car. So, you would have to be able to override that also, which means you would have to do some ecu work.

The traction control system is designed to stop the tires from spinning and slipping. So when you step on the gas and the tires start to spin, the traction control system will flash a warning on your dash, and you will feel the car momentarily lose full power while the car regains it's grip.

the traction control is on all the time, but some people like to be able to step on the gas and spin up the rear tires a little, and not have to worry about the tcs kicking in and spoiling the fun.