Head Light Bulb

camlex

look into the new Sylvania Silverstar Ultras.

They can be had in any Autozone, Pepboys, Advance, etc. and come in 9004, 9005 and 9006 configurations. Supposedly very good lighting for 2/3 the price of a set of PIAAs.

I find that hard to believe with PIAA that you only got a year, I got close to three for my DRL/high beams.

steviej

Thanks for your input. I went with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras.

$24.99 for each. Not bad.

Thanks,

It's not how many years can the bulbs lasts. It's how many hours can they lasts. If you drive at night a lot, they are good for a short time.

By the way, the Silverstar Ultras are bright, but they are only good for like 150 hours or so. I looked into these lights before. I am hesitant to use them because I drive about an hour at night everyday = 4 months or so for me. So go figure.. .

The regular halogens are good for like 600 hours plus. If your headlights are kind of hazy or yellow, you need to sand off the hazy and re-apply the clear coat. That hazy-yellow stuff is causing poor lighting.

• 4 weeks later...

How does one disassemble the lamp assembly on a 96 ES300 in order to clean the internal lenses? Mine have a very frosty look to them and even changing the original bulbs to Sylvania Silverstars does not give me a much brighter beam. Is there a forum for this task or anywhere else that explicitly describes the dissassembly of the front shields, lenses, and bulb assenbly?

Thanks in advance,

Mystic33