Toyota Avensis

branshew

Saw this on the road to work this morning. Someone had imported it from Europe (still had the Euro plates on it).

11726.jpg

11751.jpg

Reminded me a little of the MB RL class. It was much better looking in person. With all of the crossovers hitting the market today, I wouldn't be suprised if we see it here sooner rather than later.

I still wish Lexus made a wagon. I hate SUVs and I'm not a huge fan of Minivans either (although my wife has a Sienna).

That looks like a Avensis Verso instead of the more common Avensis sedan and wagon. I've ridden in Avensis sedan and wagon taxi cabs lots of times and especially like the wagen versions. We have a Camry sedan but I would much rather have an Avensis wagon. Toyota stopped selling the Camry in Europe and instead sells the similar size Avensis. I don't understand American's infatuation with SUV's. Maybe people in the U.S. don't care if they drive horribly crappy handling vehicles. Every time I get an RX as a loaner I find myself wondering why anyone would own one.

The car you saw may be owned by a European tourist or someone here on a work assignment. As costly and difficult as it is to import a non-conforming car to the U.S., I doubt if anyone would try to import such a low cost car.

The car you saw may be owned by a European tourist or someone here on a work assignment. As costly and difficult as it is to import a non-conforming car to the U.S., I doubt if anyone would try to import such a low cost car.

I'm quite positive of that. It had what I believe are italian stickers on the back and the driver was wearing a non-US military uniform - probably part of a NATO detachment that operates locally.

Saw one of these last weekend in Philly, on vacation with wife and inlaws to catch the King Tut exhibit, and all the other stuff in that city "feet and lower back are killing me". However, I must say, as my mother-in-law pointed out with her mispronunciation of the cars' name....they need to change it to avoid an embarrasing moment....

"Pavenis? What kind of name is that for a car?"

Kind of in the same lines as when Taco Bell came out with a new burritto thingy back in the late 80's, as my father, a retired colnel in the air force SHOUTED out his order to the lady "Give me two of them MAXI-melts".

:ph34r: