Trade In Suggestion

celionyang

We found there is rattling noise from our engine during the first 3 months we bought our RX 330 04. We brought back to Lexus dealer and they claimed we used the wrong gas and suggest changing different brand of gas. We did and noise is still there. A year later, they said carbon built up in cylinder producing the noise, but even after they clean it, 3 days later noise is back again. THis problem has been dragging for almost 3 years and Lexus concluded they cannot do anything cause our car is built "As it is".

We hired a lawyer to contact lexus and lexus came back with an offer. They wants us to trade in for $31,500. We bought our RX for $41000 excluding tax and interest. That means we are actually leasing our RX, given the lost of $9,500 not to mention another $6K for tax and interest. I just feel that I am being abused, not like I want to get a new car, I would rather keep this same RX is it is functioning properly. But with this engine problem, I lose faith that it can last for another few more years, plus without the warrenty coverage, I might have to pay lots of $$ for mechnical problem in the future if I do keep this car. But I am left with no choice!!!C

Can someone please give me suggestion or let me know if there's any other option for me?

BTW, my RX mileage is close to 40K now.

We found there is rattling noise from our engine during the first 3 months we bought our RX 330 04. We brought back to Lexus dealer and they claimed we used the wrong gas and suggest changing different brand of gas. We did and noise is still there. A year later, they said carbon built up in cylinder producing the noise, but even after they clean it, 3 days later noise is back again. THis problem has been dragging for almost 3 years and Lexus concluded they cannot do anything cause our car is built "As it is".

We hired a lawyer to contact lexus and lexus came back with an offer. They wants us to trade in for $31,500. We bought our RX for $41000 excluding tax and interest. That means we are actually leasing our RX, given the lost of $9,500 not to mention another $6K for tax and interest. I just feel that I am being abused, not like I want to get a new car, I would rather keep this same RX is it is functioning properly. But with this engine problem, I lose faith that it can last for another few more years, plus without the warrenty coverage, I might have to pay lots of $$ for mechnical problem in the future if I do keep this car. But I am left with no choice!!!C

Can someone please give me suggestion or let me know if there's any other option for me?

Only my two cents here but I would ditch the !Removed!. There is always a nicer new lower miled version out there plus for $31500 you should be able to pick up an 05 with lower miles and all the bells and whistles including the bluetooth in 05 is quite nice. I also have na 04 and understand why you love it as I will never go back.

Good luck

You are on good firm ground with Lexus, or so it appears. Apparently Lexus has admitted, achnowledged, that your engine has had a problem from the get-go. Therefore they clearly, IMMHO, now have a responsibility to fix it to your satisfaction.

Personally in your admirable position I would accept nothing less that a new engine or a new RX350.

Making a counter-offer isn't costly.......

Strange as it may seem I know of one case wherein MY OWN attorney already had a counter-offer response available when I refused the manufactuer's initial offer.

• 1 month later...

I would check your states Lemon laws. I read them on line and it sounds like you have a good case for total reembursment.

• 1 year later...

What does your lawyer say?

Just curious,what octane are you using??