Hid Problem Someone Clearfy This For Me!

Jesus954

Well the bulbs are in as they should and i the lights are a little bit more powerful, what i was wondering was like since the headlights on the IS have like a mirror like sides which makes the lights bounce off everywhere may be one of the reason why the light isnt going straight to the road making the visibility better but like i have seen alot of people that have painted the inside of their headlights black only leaving the 2 main light circles like they are wouldnt that cancel off the reflection effect and make the lights be more straight foward.

Ok, now I would readjust the headlight back when you were turning the notched screw, so the light is aimed properly. I would park the car about 6-8 feet from a wall so you can see the center of the beam and determine the correct height, or going into a parking lot at night and adjusting it there so you can see the actual light pattern.

the reason they have the reflective sides is because light has a very wide dispersal to it. think of a light bulb on a lamp, it just throws light in all directions. So the reflective housing is used to focus that light into a more usable pattern. The reflective cap in the head light is to make sure all the light is actually reflected and controlled.

When I blacked out my headlights, ( The Dream Ride thread in this forum has pics if you want to see what they look like.), I painted everything except the parts that are used to reflect the light. The rest of the housing is actually just chromed to match, and has nothing to do with reflecting the light. B)

Yeah, it's hard to tell, but it looks like the driver side bulb isn't sitting in there properly. try getting the bulb back out of there, and then make sure the rod that runs along the bulb is at the bottom. post-42851-1185927103_thumb.jpg or closest to the ground. If you look at the black base of the bulb, you'll see there are notches in it that have to align with the socket in order for it to go in all the way. I would start by double checking that first.

alright boss ill get to it lol thanks for the quick help btw.... other forums berly pay attention to anything <_<

Ahem! I was answering your questions both here and on my.is in a prompt manner. You were asking different questions on the two forums. I was starting to feel like a ping pong ball. The last post in your thread there was on 7/29 and that was my reply to your adujustment question. So don't go bad mouthing.