Video Of Me Drifting My Sc300

Hey guys! Here is a little clip of me drifting my 93 Lexus SC300 5-speed. I have had it for 4 years and absolutly love this car. It has a fresh 2JZ & clutch (The original engine made it 200k miles with track days and high rpm driving so I decided to pull it, still ran like a champ!), Diazen swaybars, cross drilled slotted rotors, ebc greenstuff pads, I cut (not torched) the stock springs, custom aluminum diff bushings, bfi intake.... pretty much just the cheap mods everything else is stock including the non lsd rear end which I just blew out so the car is stationary for now. Someday the car will be built properly and I will be satisfied.... *sigh*anyways heres the video guys.

Please:if you dont have something positive to say please leave your comment to yourself.

Thanks

I would love to keep it on the track all the time but I simply cannot afford the track fee of $50-100 along with gas a tank is, and tires (which go very fast because of weight of the SC), and regular maintance. It just kills my wallet. I am working towards getting it on the track for good someday but that is at least another year or 2 out. So far I have been drifting the SC for 4 years now and havent put it in a ditch yet... *knock on wood* .I learned how to drive with the 14 Toyota Corolla GT-S's I have/have owned over the years and back then drifting wasnt as main stream as it is now. The tracks wouldnt even let you drift on em until a couple years ago! lol. I just learned on the road but I do agree it is more suited for the track.

Thanks VicSC300 I hope one day I can reach "track only" status and maybe even a sponsor.

gabep, I didnt know we wasted our tax dollars on that kind of sensless research but hey this is America, right? Even if "the man" didn't monitor youtube there are plenty of :censored: aka "good samaritans" that think they have to nark, snitch, or squeel that will turn stuff like that in. Its amazing these people get no reward, they dont even benefit from doing such things, but still they get some sort of satisfaction !Removed! somebody they have never met. I simply dont understand it, some people should just worry about themselves..... just my 2 cents on people that interfere with other peoples lives. Simply my opinion nothing more.

• 8 months later...

*BLEEP* it do what you gotta do.. their not even no traks around here

im sure ppl aint driving out of state just for some track time.

just keep it safe / put some cones up or something but *BLEEP* it

on the street is even where no driving @ss mofos learn any ways

Drifting is something funny, I enjoy doing this but not on a Lexus SC which is a very heavy car.

If you like videos here's one (of many) I took while I was in Europe, in a light light car

;)

SC300 Drifter and All:

Let's keep the language Rated "G".

I didn't get a chance to view your video, yet, but I will later on tonight. I will side with the others about drifting and hard driving on Public roads as a Safety Concern. I would suggest the open parking lots but most of the private ones don't want you to drift. I hope you will understand everyone's opinion in this case.

These are the tracks in Washington State.

Washington State Race tracks

I've raced at Pacific Raceway and I love the track and I'm building my SC3 for a road coarse. My Celica was modified for the Track.

Tell us about your mods?

dont you have to take a driving course before you can be eligible to race on the track? im planing on to to pacific for highschool drags but the track from what i heard the learning fee and then track fee are just was to much i consider it but usually i end up spending the money on gas or insurance

Anyway, a Lexus is not a track car!

Track cars are lights, that car is way too heavy!

One day on the track and you're good for changing your brakes and your tires, not to mention the gas you'll burn!

One day on the track and you're good for changing your brakes and your tires, not to mention the gas you'll burn!

Ah, but the SC and IS's are. Both of them have raced on the JGTC and Australian Grand National Circuits for a couple of years. The SCs are heavy, true, but you can reduce the weight. That's what Modification is all about, making something that's good, better.

Ah, but the SC and IS's are. Both of them have raced on the JGTC and Australian Grand National Circuits for a couple of years. The SCs are heavy, true, but you can reduce the weight. That's what Modification is all about, making something that's good, better.

Ok, but here we are talking about full stock Lexuses going on a track-fun-day! Not a few cars can do that (I had one and it was certainly funnier than an SC)

I'm going to have to agree with UFC3 on this case. it would be better if you did it on the track or on a parking lot. in the news hear in the Baltimore/Washington DC area there was some people killed by people doing racing and smoking tires in the area. I understand the cost of the track but I would rather pay a few bucks than a few years. You are good at drifting and you should keep doing it just do it where its safe man!

There is nothing called worthless opinions. All can post, but when myself or one of my fellow Moderators have to Censor a thread, not very productive.

Language within Comments that's what needs to be stated in a G-Rated Manner

Ok, but here we are talking about full stock Lexuses going on a track-fun-day! Not a few cars can do that (I had one and it was certainly funnier than an SC)

I haven't converted my SC yet. I'm still working on the suspension. You can take a Stock SC on the Track too, but then you'll realize how ridiculous your car is because it has to meet government and luxury specifications. That's one of the reasons why most of us want to modify. :)

WOW! I cant believe the mods you have done to your Celica! AMAZING! My SC has had some issues lately, I fix something and it runs fine for about a week or 2 and then something else breaks, so I am slowly replacing everything that breaks with aftermarket parts. Where do you race at? I have only been to a couple drift events @ Tenino and Monroe with my SC and a couple of track days @ Pacific Raceway on my bike, I would love to get my car out on Pacific Raceway but I dont even know where to begin... do they have have track days that I would be eligable for without being a member of a club? I have gone to PIR's website and still have not gotten the info im looking for so if you could point me in the right direction for trackdays or even autox I would appreciate it. Thanks.