Wait Disc One....

Gebo

I did a search as best I could since it wouldn't accept "cd" as part of my search but want clarification concerning my problem cd changer in my '01. I hit load and it is tries to load about 3 times and is saying something like "Wait disc one..."

Does this mean I have a jammed CD?

Thanks, Gary

ps. how would you type in a search "CD Changer?"

I did a search as best I could since it wouldn't accept "cd" as part of my search but want clarification concerning my problem cd changer in my '01. I hit load and it is tries to load about 3 times and is saying something like "Wait disc one..."

Do you mean you did a search here on LOC? or like a Google search engine? If your looking here I would go to the electronics/ stereo forum and search there.

Does this mean I have a jammed CD?

Sounds like you have a jammed CD player. I don't know that this means there is a CD stuck in there.

ps. how would you type in a search "CD Changer?"

Go to the electonics/audio forum. You can either page through until you find someone who has delt with your issue, or you can search by using the search feature at the bottom of the page there.

By the way, many, many, many people have had issues with the Lexus CD changers. It was a well known problem. Unfortunately, the only real fix I have seen work the best is to replace it with an aftermarket unit as a used changer sells for 300-400 bucks and doesn't guaranty that the problem won't happen again.

Just to make sure, you gotta eject the cd that's in there before you can load one.

Nothing ejects. The only button that will give me any response is the "Load" button. Everything else is dead.

Ok, this may sound "in left field" but it's usually what ends up fixing it for some. With the side of your fist try whacking it where there are no buttons to mess up a few times. Hit it pretty hard a few times. See if that will set the load mech. free. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to pull the unit out, and remove the housing and see if you can get in there and free it up like that. If it ends up that it's broken, ( needs replacement parts.) I have a stock 6 disc changer out of an 05' that I can sell ya if you really want to stay with the stock unit. I think Bartkat sells new and used ones also.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok, this may sound "in left field" but it's usually what ends up fixing it for some. With the side of your fist try whacking it where there are no buttons to mess up a few times. Hit it pretty hard a few times. See if that will set the load mech. free. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to pull the unit out, and remove the housing and see if you can get in there and free it up like that. If it ends up that it's broken, ( needs replacement parts.) I have a stock 6 disc changer out of an 05' that I can sell ya if you really want to stay with the stock unit. I think Bartkat sells new and used ones also.

You guys seem to have all the answers, but that's a good thing ha

You guys seem to have all the answers, but that's a good thing ha

Hey, I can't tell you how many times someone has posted a CD loading issue in here, and 5 or 6 people in here give them great technical advice and step by step directions only for the person to come back later with," I tried everything you guys said and got so frustrated that I ended up smacking it a few times and suddenly the disc just ejected and everything works great since." Go figure!!!!

Not sure about these players but all computer CD/DVD units have a tiny hole in the front to push with a straightened paper clip to manualy eject a stuck disk.

I just checked my ES 330 and no eject hole. They get you coming and going.