New Lexus Owner

spyshot

i recently bought an '02 is300 and i absolutely love it. this seams like a great place to get advice so i thought i would ask a few questions.

is there a way to turn off the blinking seat belt light on the dash (when you're not wearing it)?

cruise control - when you decrease your speed to below 25 MPH the cruise will not resume to the original speed. anything i can do about that?

and i've read my manual up and down and i cannot find the recommended oil change interval. can anyone tell me the recommended interval using a synthetic oil?

thanks in advance. im sure i will lots of useful information here in the future.

adam

i recently bought an '02 is300 and i absolutely love it. this seams like a great place to get advice so i thought i would ask a few questions.

is there a way to turn off the blinking seat belt light on the dash (when you're not wearing it)?

cruise control - when you decrease your speed to below 25 MPH the cruise will not resume to the original speed. anything i can do about that?

and i've read my manual up and down and i cannot find the recommended oil change interval. can anyone tell me the recommended interval using a synthetic oil?

thanks in advance. im sure i will lots of useful information here in the future.

adam

Wear your seatbelt = No flashing light.

That is the way the cruise is = Were all stuck with it.

every 5-7k miles with synthetic. Most owners use mobil 1 full synthetic.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

welcome to the LOC.

dcfish said it all best.

except I use Amsoil full synthetic, not Mobil 1. :P

The differences measured for everyday driving are very small. Amsoil, and Royal Purple are racing oils. Viscosity will hold up better under full throttle conditions there by providing better "bearing wash" and reducing friction a little more, which is how they claim the extra horsepower.( Dyno runs show a 1-3% gain) which is good, but only if your under full throttle conditions alot.

After I saw a 1988 Toyota R-22 motor run 170,000 miles on Amsoil opened up for race modifications, and atleast 30 other motors since,( The inside looked almost new, the pistons, crank shaft, rods, all of it, amazing!!! I've been on it ever since, everything I have with a motor. I have seen countless other motors opened that used conventional, and even sythnetics, but maybe didn't give it the oil change when needed all the time,,,you would not beleive the the differences!!! 1,000 miles over an oil change interval increase wear by 10x's !!!!!!