91 Ls400 Cd Changer

stroker

Im finding more little but aggravating things wrong...this time its the cd changer..I load the discs (lable down) in the cartridge and insert it, it immediately starts to scan the discs from 1 to 6 as if the cartridge is empty and when it gets to the last discs ERR comes up on the display... I entered a new code in to the system when I purchased the car as per owners manual but still comes up ERR...any thoughts????? Stroker

Hi,

By any chance, the format of the CD that you use is not playable eg. MP3, burned CD ?

VH

They are regular CDs, seems like problem is the unit...tried to use a cleaner CD but it would not load..Is it possible to clean the unit any other way..I took it apart somewhat but it looks like you cant get at the lens without complete teardown Thanks, Stroker

Hi,

By any chance, the format of the CD that you use is not playable eg. MP3, burned CD ?

VH

They are regular CDs, seems like problem is the unit...tried to use a cleaner CD but it would not load..Is it possible to clean the unit any other way..I took it apart somewhat but it looks like you cant get at the lens without complete teardown Thanks, Stroker

Just noticed something strange (or not) the dash unit says Nak Premium and the changer says Pioneer..is that the way the system comes or did someone change the changer?? Thanks, Stroker PS Who repairs them out there? Anyone!!

Hi,

VH

Just noticed something strange (or not) the dash unit says Nak Premium and the changer says Pioneer..is that the way the system comes or did someone change the changer?? Thanks, Stroker PS Who repairs them out there? Anyone!!

Run a cleaning cd with the brushes on the disc. Should do it.