Lexus Personalization Settings (right Hand Drive)

Hey all,

I've seen the list of personalization settings that your people with LHD ISx50's get when you receive the car.

Over here in AU (I think the USA LOC get's more attention that the AU LOC) we don't get that but i've seen that some of those options can be performed by yourself.

My question is whether the 'auto lock doors when going above 13mph' works in a right hand drive, automatic IS250 (or a RHD, automatic, RX330)?

If so are there any directions on how to do it, otherwise i'll head to my dealer, SHOULD it work.

Had this in the BMW we had and would be really nifty to have with all the current car jackings we have in Australia. Just one step more convenient than hitting the lock button.

PS. Do you LHDer's get electric folding exterior mirrors? I hear you don't.

I've got mine set to lock when it's taken out of park and put into any gear. That's even better for car jackings I think. I also had the dealer set it so the doors do not unlock when I stop and put it in park. Have you asked on LOC England?

On the US Lexus com page we can access owners pages. Don't know if the Austrailia page offers that or not.

http://www.lexus.com.au/

I've got mine set to lock when it's taken out of park and put into any gear. That's even better for car jackings I think. I also had the dealer set it so the doors do not unlock when I stop and put it in park. Have you asked on LOC England?

On the US Lexus com page we can access owners pages. Don't know if the Austrailia page offers that or not.

Cough....that's LOC UK Bart, the Welsh, Northern Irish, and Scots will get upset if you say LOC England :lol:

We don't have the auto lock feature, although a few of us were misinformed that we would have before we purchased the cars :angry: Presumably the OZ versions don't either, but right hand or left hand drive isnt a very good indicator as I don't believe the European spec LH drive has it.

...and I'm sure Bart will confirm the US spec doesn't have the tilting mirror option.

Cough....that's LOC UK Bart, the Welsh, Northern Irish, and Scots will get upset if you say LOC England :lol:

We don't have the auto lock feature, although a few of us were misinformed that we would have before

we purchased the cars :angry: Presumably the OZ versions don't either, but right hand or left hand drive isnt a very good indicator as I don't believe the European spec LH drive has it.

...and I'm sure Bart will confirm the US spec doesn't have the tilting mirror option.

Well I certainly wouldn't want to offend anybody. I just couldn't think of that new fangled name for the British Isles at the time and was too lazy to look it up. :D :lol:

Hey all,

I've seen the list of personalization settings that your people with LHD ISx50's get when you receive the car.

Over here in AU (I think the USA LOC get's more attention that the AU LOC) we don't get that but i've seen that some of those options can be performed by yourself.

My question is whether the 'auto lock doors when going above 13mph' works in a right hand drive, automatic IS250 (or a RHD, automatic, RX330)?

If so are there any directions on how to do it, otherwise i'll head to my dealer, SHOULD it work.

Had this in the BMW we had and would be really nifty to have with all the current car jackings we have in Australia. Just one step more convenient than hitting the lock button.

PS. Do you LHDer's get electric folding exterior mirrors? I hear you don't.

Is it only the car that they want to "jack"? If so, keep the key fob always with you. When the hijacker kicks you out, he throws away the smart key as well (one thing that is better than BMW) and the car cannot be started the next time.:chairshot:

i dont think you need to access the ECUand such. Its as simple as holding down the lock button for 5 seconds etc etc; these simple tricks.

Not quite (at least for 2G IS).

Holding both lock and unlock buttons for 5 seconds etc etc only toggles between "unlock driver door only" and "unlock all doors" when pressing unlock button on the fob or pulling the driver door handle.

My car is RHD and "auto lock doors when reaching a speed" is a function that can be set. Your dealer should be the one to do it. If you really want DIY, you need a Toyota ECU programming computer connected to the socket under the steering wheel column. The computer manual is in English so you can just follow the manual.

I think both Australia and United Kingdom have the same basic version. It should be noted that all ISs are made in Japan and it is a RHD country.

Is it only the car that they want to "jack"? If so, keep the key fob always with you. When the jacker kick you out, he kick away the smart key as well (one thing that is better than BMW) and the car cannot be started the next time. :chairshot:

I See, interesting, when i asked about our RX the lady said no...

Maybe i'll send an email their way and see what they say although i have a funny feeling we don't have it (or at least AU Lexus aren't willing to do it) as in Australia we're generally quite deprived of the models and features most other countries get (like our RX330 Sports Luxury [which is the top of the line model with everything] doesn't have the laser cruise control, heated seats or air suspension, of which none are an option).

There's no ES330 or ES350 here.

No IS350 here either.

We have manual IS250 in 2 models, but no AWD.

No GX here.

Although what interests me is what you get in your base model IS250 which is what we have but with 1 of the 2 options packs.

Here it's the IS250 Prestige, IS250 Sports, IS250 Sports Luxury in order from low to high.

The IS250 Prestige has 2 option packs. Option pack 1 = Sunroof. Option pack 2 = ML, Nav., Sunroof , Bluetooth and Reverse Camera.

IS250 Sports has 1 option pack. Option pack 1 = ML, Nav., Bluetooth and Reverse Camera. (Sports model already has sunroof).

IS250 Sports Luxury has everything.

Standards throughout our whole IS250 range, heated/cooled seats, perforated leather seats (although they just call it leather seats here, and the Alcantra suede in the Sports), electric seats (no memory function), electric folding mirrors, 13 speakers, dual climate control, automatic recycle air (i noticed some overseas IS250's don't have this).

Prestige = 16" alloy's and the list of standards + plastic interior.

Sports = 18" alloy's, the list of standards + sunroof + lowered suspension + Xenon's/HID's w/ Adapt. + "Sporty" plastic interior + rear & front parking sensors.

Sports Luxury = 17" wheels, list of standards + Nav., ML, electric seats with memory function, electric steering column with memory function, electric folding mirrors with memory function, laser cruise control, Lexus Pre-collision sensor, Xenon's/HID's w/ Adapt., electric rear sunshade, wood interior, sunroof, rear & front parking sensors.

In South Africa we don't have the auto lock system which is quite funny because we are the hi jack capital of the world .Anyway I hope it is a computer program so they can sort problem out .We will wait and see.