Opinion: Mustang Style Fuel Doors

Mustang Style Fuel Door?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Mustang Style Fuel Door?

• Yes
    • No

Whats your opinion of a Mustang Style Fuel Door on an SC300/400. I think the idea would like kinda slick on an SC's body if done well but I am just curious what others think. I have seen this on a lot of different cars and it looks nice.

In case you don't know what I mean: http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~t~Fuel%2520Doors

If anyone has done this or has a picture of an SC that has this, please post it up so we could see what it looks like.

Whats your opinion of a Mustang Style Fuel Door on an SC300/400. I think the idea would like kinda slick on an SC's body if done well but I am just curious what others think. I have seen this on a lot of different cars and it looks nice.

In case you don't know what I mean: http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~t~Fuel%2520Doors

If anyone has done this or has a picture of an SC that has this, please post it up so we could see what it looks like.

I think it conflicts with the integrated design of the sc coupe, especially the early models. IMO it's a little "pretend racecar", for such a sophisticated design. On the other hand everyone should make their car suit their own tastes.

I know what you mean, it is almost "artificial." Although, the SC definitely holds its own as a very powerful car, and an even stronger car when you pour money into it. I just thought it might look slick on its stealthy body.

I dont think that it'll look good. maybe if you had a lot of chrome on your car. like chrome trim on doors some nice wheels as well. otherwise you mihgt degrade yourself to the same level as an eclipse. now who would want that? i know i wouldn't. you should try to set some kind of photoshop test. like try to put it on there in paint or something before you go buyin it. Maybe that would help, i don't know?

I think it would look ghey.

Ghetto :censored:

LOL

:lol:

Sorry, it is a supercilious form of expression sporadically practiced on another car forum where I spend most of my time.

Right, a goofy, faux racing fuel cap borrowed from a Mustang and Eclipse would look schweet on an $50,000+ Lexus SC400. It is such obvious acumen why didn’t the original engineers think of it?

Now back to our regularly scheduled program…

HistericalSmiley.gif

I think it would look ghey.

Ghetto :censored:

LOL

:lol:

Sorry, it is a supercilious form of expression sporadically practiced on another car forum where I spend most of my time.

Right, a goofy, faux racing fuel cap borrowed from a Mustang and Eclipse would look schweet on an $50,000+ Lexus SC400. It is such obvious acumen why didn’t the original engineers think of it?

Now back to our regularly scheduled program…

HistericalSmiley.gif

Buy a Mustang or Eclipse.............. <_< And don't forget the Lambo doors....Buy a Lambo............... :whistles:

well lets see.NO!!!why would you what to do that. spend your money on other things to improve your cars looks, not the gas door. if you do it dude your a ricer, cause thats what ricers do. duck tape and gas doors. do you want to end up !Removed! him???do ya???Cardboard%20Ricer.JPG

So I guess the general consensus is a no. I was just curious how people thought. Looks like people are very strong about this type of thing.. I still think they look nice, not sure about on an SC but its no matter.

I have to say, plenty of people on these forums have talked about or have asked about putting areo kits on their SC which is just as much of a visual upgrade unless you get an all out weight reduction as well. With that being said, for everyone to jump around screaming "ricer" is ironically hypocritical. On top of that, if you go get a Mustang or an Eclipse just for the gas door your a moron. All I really wanted was people's opinions on how it would look.

I do have to say that I love the pictures you have posted up around these forums Justin. I can't stop laughing when I see stupid *BLEEP* like that.

thank vicSC300 that guy lives up the street of my parents house. he is still in the dream of that his car is at 400hp but what would the world be with out those types of kids.

vic im not the guy that really goes for the looks of my car. i like the sweet sexy lines that the car makes,body kits and like going from jr high to high school. babes are just so fine when you get to high school. when you start added to much *BLEEP* to the car the lines go away and you get a dirty !Removed! the puts too much makeup on.

do you see what im saying, as a tuner since i was like 11 with my bro. if you have the time in on working on cars youll understand what im talking about.

Yea, I see your point, and you would well know that sometimes little things can accentuate those lines in a car, which was the reason why I asked to see what others think. But, its all good, I guess that the common understanding is that it would not be that way at all. :P