Radio

gus62450

i dont really know what is the best place to check it. you can remove the passanger seat yourself. remove the amp. open it and check for the physical damage like burned capacitors or transistors. if it looks intact you have to do more careful testing. but since you dont have tools you can just ask some1 who has same system to swap amps to check if its good or not. you can use only OEM amp. since none of the aftermarket apms have those kinds of plugs and specifications for your head unit and speaker systems.

i i'm not sure guys about the first Gen I watt power, shoudl be around 2000W. your system is pioneer so you can check somewhere on the net. i found mine on the lexus site. they still have the info for all older models.

mine is nakamichi and 260W and yes, it is located under the passenger seat

VMF I checked under the front seats of my '92 LS400 and no amp found, amp must be self contained in the Lexus "premium sound system" head unit in the dash. Might of seen somewhere that the total output was 180 watts. Did some adjusting of radio balance/fade/base/mid/high and overall it isn't all that bad but not up to the standards of the Nakamichi system. I'm very reluctant to having anyone screw with the electrical/wireing system and want to be very conservative in changing anything. The old saying, if it aint broke don't fix it might best apply. Might try a Sony "Walkman" portable CD player that runs thru the casette player to see how that sounds. I don't expect perfection but it might be a reasonable match for the premium sound system without going to a lot of trouble/expense to upgrade the factory system. Will post the results, Four Door.

the amp should be there, you just cant see it unless u take the seat out. i dont think it will be contained in the unit. it needs to have couple of crossowers plus bunch outputs and its simply too big to be in the head unit. but once again i might be wrong