Front- Wheel Drive

ZeeD

Agreed I am not interested in racing nor blinding speed in curves or turns.

My last car - Maxima was the SE model (Wider axle, larger tires, etc.) versus the GLE, and I wish I went GLE. Previous firms bumps in the ride now are not even noticed.

My drives are mostly short in nature -- park run errand. unpark go to next errand, drop kids off-pick up few friends etc. so FWD gets me in and out better. Also in NY 4 seasons rain ice snow fWD has worked for me for my 20 years of ownership.

But, based on the thread and others sounds like RWD is better in snow than it was 10 years ago, so maybe will look at in x years when I get new car.

:cheers: all

Good thing your doing research before you buy the car unlike me. Are you aware of the trans problem?

Bottom line FWD car are built for economy nothing more.

FWD with a decent amount of power like the es350 is always going to have torque steer if you punch it. SW03ES said it best. When are you going to be punching the gas and turning at 140Km? The ES350 is a cruiser car at best it isn't a performance car.

You hit it right on the head man, for your info guys, the es was not designed to be a porsche 911, its a luxury sedan, if youre a person who wants to punch the gas all the time or make 140 mile per hour turns you dont buy a es. The ES is for comfort and luxury and ample speed, why do you think it has 4 doors. Its the same thing with this guys who lower a 4 door accord and put body kits on them. Its a family sedan , Jeeez. You want a race car dont buy a 4 door. It just induces autism. LOL

Exactly, If you want a performance car don't get an ES. Not designed for performance at all. The idea that FWD is dangerous is ridiculous. Anybody out racing a FWD vehicle is trying to win a Darwin award IMO. :rolleyes: