New Owner Question

Preacherman

I just purchased a '94 LS 400 (beautiful car!). It only has 65,000 miles on it. Runs and rides very well -- drove it for 45 minutes on the freeway, and knew I had something special...

Is there anything I should have checked or replaced, since it is 13 years old? Should I be concerned about the timing belt after so many years? It has had regular oil changes and the serpentine belt has been replaced.

What advice do you have for me?

I just purchased a '94 LS 400 (beautiful car!). It only has 65,000 miles on it. Runs and rides very well -- drove it for 45 minutes on the freeway, and knew I had something special...

Is there anything I should have checked or replaced, since it is 13 years old? Should I be concerned about the timing belt after so many years? It has had regular oil changes and the serpentine belt has been replaced.

What advice do you have for me?

Congrats!!!

First thing I would do is take it to Lexus dealer and let them check it out completely. It would cost you $100-120 which is well worth it plus you will get to drive a nice loaner for a day. After dealer will tell you what needs to be done (if any), take the car to a good independant mechanic and fix it. Thats all there is to it. If the car drives well, there most likely nothing wrong with it exept some normal wear items.

Good luck!

I agree with Eagle33...Congrats

I wouldn't worry about to much with only 65,000 miles your car still has 10-15 yrs of life easily....I would just drive it until something doesnt feel right or things start going wrong, you probably will be set until your 90k service if not longer....The LS's are machines and can be expensive to fix but definitely worth it after they are fixed.

Change all the fluids: Differential, transmission, brakes, coolant, engine oil, power steering fluid. Check the air filter and pcv valve. Basically just make sure all the maintenance is up to date, and if anything isn't, repair/replace it.