Used 16" Rx300 Chrome Stock For $185?

My daughter has had her license for a few months now, and currently drives the Rx300... Lately she's been nagging me for "chrome rims"... but i am NOT paying over a grand for wheels, when the ones on it are already working perfectly fine.

I found someone offering me 4 chrome STOCK 16" rims from his 2002 Rx300 for only $100 plus $85 shipping (includes center caps). Only thing is, he said they're peeling, "down in the rim"... He stated he never removed these wheels before winter time, so that's why they're peeling. He showed me a lot of pictures, and it appears the faces are perfectly fine, there are just a few small areas peeling deep in the wheels, out of sight unless one is on their hands and knees looking for it.

Can i really pass on this deal? I could detect this guy's not very smart from our conversations...i don't think he "knows" he's giving me a deal...

Any input is welcome :rolleyes: Just remember these are for a 16yr old female :wacko: She probably wont notice the peeling. I just want to make sure the peeling can be stopped if cleaned correctly, and changed before winter etc...

Thanks!

If my daughter was ungrateful enough to start whining for "new rims" on a vehicle that I was providing for her, I would yank that vehicle away from her so fast she would fall flat on her !Removed! before she could pull her key out of the ignition....

What the hell is up with these spoiled kids today? I was thankful just to have a hand-me-down car in college, and would never have even considered wasting my folks' money on new wheels when the originals were working just fine....

You are so right RX NC, tell that girl that a Saturn is the alternative. Let her make a decision then....Then we wonder why they become pregnant and not married....

If my daughter was ungrateful enough to start whining for "new rims" on a vehicle that I was providing for her, I would yank that vehicle away from her so fast she would fall flat on her !Removed! before she could pull her key out of the ignition....

What the hell is up with these spoiled kids today? I was thankful just to have a hand-me-down car in college, and would never have even considered wasting my folk's money on new wheels when the originals were working just fine....

RX, You nailed it. Have her go to work and pay for the "upgrade wheels " herself if she needs them SSSOOOOO bad. Kids :censored: :chairshot:

My daughter has had her license for a few months now, and currently drives the Rx300... Lately she's been nagging me for "chrome rims"... but i am NOT paying over a grand for wheels, when the ones on it are already working perfectly fine.

I found someone offering me 4 chrome STOCK 16" rims from his 2002 Rx300 for only $100 plus $85 shipping (includes center caps). Only thing is, he said they're peeling, "down in the rim"... He stated he never removed these wheels before winter time, so that's why they're peeling. He showed me a lot of pictures, and it appears the faces are perfectly fine, there are just a few small areas peeling deep in the wheels, out of sight unless one is on their hands and knees looking for it.

Can i really pass on this deal? I could detect this guy's not very smart from our conversations...i don't think he "knows" he's giving me a deal...

Any input is welcome :rolleyes: Just remember these are for a 16yr old female :wacko: She probably wont notice the peeling. I just want to make sure the peeling can be stopped if cleaned correctly, and changed before winter etc...

Thanks!

If the chrome is peeling off, It will continue to peel. Remedy= Have them stripped and rechromed. Good Luck