New Alenza Tires Affecting Odometer Readings?

I replaced my original Goodyears with Bridgestone Alenzas. I ordered the same size. The car rides well and traction is excellent. Noise is okay but seemed very loud going through deeper puddles. However, my mileage readings are off! It is recording that I've traveled far more than reality. A 1.2 mile trip is recorded as 1.6! Any clues?

Now that's really strange. I have the Alenzas as well and indicated distance seems to be okay. The diameter of each tire should match the OEMs, perfectly, so I am clueless about this one!

I replaced my original Goodyears with Bridgestone Alenzas. I ordered the same size. The car rides well and traction is excellent. Noise is okay but seemed very loud going through deeper puddles. However, my mileage readings are off! It is recording that I've traveled far more than reality. A 1.2 mile trip is recorded as 1.6! Any clues?

That's impossible. A 25% increase in the number of revs per mi would mean you would have to install a tire that was 920 revs per mile... that size tire wont fit on an 18" rim.

Did you try hitting the "New Tire" calibration button on the GPS? I did but since mine wasn't off that much (and I put on Toyo tires that were bigger) I'm not sure yet if it worked...but you are so off that I suspect something else is going on. Anyway, I don't have the manual in front of me but just look up "calibration" or "new tires" and you'll see what I mean and how to do it. It was easy. Hope all will be well. Rey

• 2 weeks later...
Now that's really strange. I have the Alenzas as well and indicated distance seems to be okay. The diameter of each tire should match the OEMs, perfectly, so I am clueless about this one!

We have the Alenzas as well - have over 12,000 miles on them and are not and have not seen any difference in distance - we routinely drive to San Luis Obispo from Sacramento - it has been 321 miles before the Alenzas and was 321 miles again this last weekend.