Is 350 New Owner Questions!

Hello,

I just bought a new Lexus IS 350 2007. This car is amazing!! I love it by the way :)

Anywhoo, here's my questions:

1) What type of gas do I put in this thing? Premium?

2) Does anyone break in the engine, I was told from my sales guy that I don't need to. I just want to make sure.

3) Is anyone familiar with how this car will perform in winter, I live in IL so its sorda important. I was either going to get snow tires (2k) or even better, I was thinking of renting a truck for 2 months for about (1.5k for 2 months). That may be a better use of my money as it will reduce my miles on the car. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jeff.

1) Definitely use premium gas (93 octane). It is suggested by Lexus.

2) I wouldn't worry about a break-in period. "Normal" aggresive driving is fine from day one. :)

3) I live in Memphis... so, I don't have to deal with snow that much. Sorry, can't be much help on what to do during the winter months.

Congrats and enjoy it! It's a great car. I absolutely love mine.

I live in utah and it snowed pretty good at points this winter. I chose not to get the snow tires since its really only about 2 or3 days that it would really require them. Seemed kinda pointless. On those days though it ws slow going and i slid a few times slighly.

the Snow mode does a pretty good job of keeping you on the road. It takes a bit to get used to though since it basically takes some control of the gas away from you. Had a few people get angry at me for going slow :P Oh well i'd rather be safe.

What you should do is buy a 1.5k Piece of crap truck to drive during winter time intead of renting. thats what im thinking of doing next winter.

I live in utah and it snowed pretty good at points this winter. I chose not to get the snow tires since its really only about 2 or3 days that it would really require them. Seemed kinda pointless. On those days though it ws slow going and i slid a few times slighly.

Don't the 350's only come with summer tires? I don't think it's a good idea to try and drive in snow in very cold weather on summer tires. Why risk a 40K car because you cheaped out on 1K worth of tires? If you really don't want to change tires then park the IS until spring or switch to all season tires.

I've got an IS250 AWD and plan to stay with all season tires year round. I drive on well plowed urban roads, so there is really no need for winter tires with AWD and TRAC/VSC. If I drove with RWD like you or drove in the country on poorly plowed roads, then I'd get snowies.

Hello,

I just bought a new Lexus IS 350 2007. This car is amazing!! I love it by the way :)

Anywhoo, here's my questions:

1) What type of gas do I put in this thing? Premium?

2) Does anyone break in the engine, I was told from my sales guy that I don't need to. I just want to make sure.

3) Is anyone familiar with how this car will perform in winter, I live in IL so its sorda important. I was either going to get snow tires (2k) or even better, I was thinking of renting a truck for 2 months for about (1.5k for 2 months). That may be a better use of my money as it will reduce my miles on the car. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jeff.

Always use Super (premium) in my 350

No break in

I had them put all season tires on mine ( I am in Nj) they were hard to find because of the size of the wheels (16") - but they did find them - no they are not snow tires, but they are mnot summer tires either..they are a bit better, and I turn the "snow" traction button on and it's pretty good in the snow,