Ugly Spare Tire..

Last weekend I went out to a NCAA Softball game in Amherst Mass... Well the roads in Mass SUCK... Pot Holes galore... coming around a corner... a nice little hole in the road got me... BAMM... instantly the low tire light came on... pulled over... and well.. this is what I had to drive around with for a day... (was a sunday)... :blushing:

What is up with the yellow? Sometimes I feel like Lexus are trying to be my parents with all the "Safety" devices they have...

spare.jpg

Last weekend I went out to a NCAA Softball game in Amherst Mass... Well the roads in Mass SUCK... Pot Holes galore... coming around a corner... a nice little hole in the road got me... BAMM... instantly the low tire light came on... pulled over... and well.. this is what I had to drive around with for a day... (was a sunday)... :blushing:

What is up with the yellow? Sometimes I feel like Lexus are trying to be my parents with all the "Safety" devices they have...

spare.jpg

That's so the cops can watch you and make sure you don't drive over 50 miles on that tire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last weekend I went out to a NCAA Softball game in Amherst Mass... Well the roads in Mass SUCK... Pot Holes galore... coming around a corner... a nice little hole in the road got me... BAMM... instantly the low tire light came on... pulled over... and well.. this is what I had to drive around with for a day... (was a sunday)...:blushing:

spare.jpg

That's so the cops can watch you and make sure you don't drive over 50 miles on that tire. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn, That's ugly :lol::lol::lol: What's the purpose of "CAUTION YELLOW" solid wheel ? My 98 GS has 5 matching stock wheels and tires. Why did lexus decide to do this ?

Well the reason its not a matching wheel is that the wheels are staggered. Painting something yellow is no cheaper than painting something black though...

sure, im not talking about the color. Im talking about having a fifth matching rim in the back. I believe its standard (the fifth rim) on all lexus cars except the ES and the IS. The full sized spare in the ES is an option and is part of a package

Wow, that sucks.

I know how I'd feel, lifting the floor in the trunk and having that yellow hit my eyes.

Ugh, I gotta drive around with this???? LOL

Did you opt for the Wheel/Tire protection package when you got the car?

Haven't seen you around here in a while.

Glad to see the IS is still treating you well. :cheers:

I checked mine... not yellow. :D

Scott M , Does your spare match the 4 corners ?

I have an ugly donut in the G as well.

Bummer too... the older models offered a full size spare on an actual wheel.

That option is not available anymore.

Not sure why.

Well the roads in Mass SUCK... Pot Holes galore...

Yup. I think this year has been worse than most. It seems like all the roads this year have massive frost heaves and corrugation, in addition to the potholes. I called the DPW in Lunenburg, MA (near where I live) and asked if they were going to fix all the gaping holes and cracks in the road. They told me no, that they only had so much budget and the roads were not high enough priority. We have money to pay people not to work in MA, and for crooked politicians to pay off big dig contractors, but not enough to fix potholes and have a basic level of roads.

That's life in the "People's Republic of Massachusetts".

Yup. I think this year has been worse than most. It seems like all the roads this year have massive frost heaves and corrugation, in addition to the potholes. I called the DPW in Lunenburg, MA (near where I live) and asked if they were going to fix all the gaping holes and cracks in the road. They told me no, that they only had so much budget and the roads were not high enough priority. We have money to pay people not to work in MA, and for crooked politicians to pay off big dig contractors, but not enough to fix potholes and have a basic level of roads.

That's life in the "People's Republic of Massachusetts".

Auburn, MA has some of the worst roads I have ever encountered, and they are absolutely horrible to work with when trying to get them to pay for damages.

Worst time to travel is in the rain, when the holes are filled with water and just appear as wet roads.

I opted for the tire/wheel coverage...$395-

Covered for the life of the vehicle, $50 deductable and no pro-rating of tires.

I hit something, they replace the tire.

If the wheel is damaged, that's covered under the same $50- decuctable.

I figure, if I ever need it, even once, it's paid for itself.

Not a bad deal for a Mass driver.