Vibrating While Driving....

everyone seems to talk about vibrations in the car when it's idling, but last night, on the way to the house the temp car (not the es) started shaking at 60 mph.....not 80 which it usually does...and it wouldnt stop...even at 50 it was wobbling.....i figure the car is a lesser twin to the es (i mean...same parts right)..i mean, the ES drives smoother than that, and well...need i say more.

any ideas???

temporary car ;)

its a 99 camry....

and it has issues with balanced tires..i think (havent driven this car in AGES...dunno the exact history..i think my dad said somehing about the actual RIM or something is wrong..) we were going through so many tires and having them aligned every few weeks, cuz the car would pull INTENSELY to the right..now it just vibrates....

I am having a problem with my '97 es-300 vibrating as well. I was wondering if it has something to do with my brakes. I had them replaced about a year ago, so I thought it might be my tires. I now have 4 new Michelins on it and I still get the vibrating. It vibrates sometimes while driving about 60 mph, although not always, but it does vibrate considerably when braking.

Any ideas of what I should check first? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

How long can I let it go without doing permanent damage to the car?

Depends on whether you need to use your brakes or not.

Personally, I don't mess around with bad brakes. If it's that bad, I'd get them fixed. If money's tight, go to Midas and just have them resurface the rotors (although I've never been able to resurface rotors more than once - and sometimes not even that, so you might need new ones, anyway).

Granted, a catastrophic brake failure is unlikely. It's more likely to just continue getting worse bit by bit. But I'm paranoid when it comes to brakes. Maybe from my college days when I had a 64 Corvair and didn't have the money to get the brakes fixed - and they failed me when I needed them. Inches from a disaster..........

Ok, I get the picture. But is it a bad idea to use parts other than OEM? I'd like to get performance rotors and pads.

I'm not an expert, but I would think it's simply a matter of convincing yourself that the replacements are OEM quality or better. If BillyBob's Brakes and Convenience Store says that they have generic parts that will work, I'd be skeptical. If you're dealing with a reputable shop whose work you trust, I wouldn't personally be too concerned.

If you're really paranoid, you might want to stick with OEM. On the other hand, if you've done work with the people before and have found that their parts are high quality, go ahead, particularly if they're using a recognized national brand.

If you mention the specific brand of performance brake rotors, perhaps someone here has had experience with them.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I was thinking of Brembo Cross-Drilled rotors and corresponding Brembo pads. Does anyone have these? Can anyone recommend a brand that will be just as good but a little cheaper? There is a front set on Ebay I might get and I'm sure I could find a rear set somewhere. Thanks for any advice. :cheers:

warped rotors are just that

only change is at high speed the pedal feels floaty and will give less brakeing force

no brake failure involved

oem uses a better steel than others may which will resist warping and have a protective coating to prevent the rust on them

bembro ones are nice i have the rotors

but i don't think they make pads