Burn The Tires..

Own a 02 GS300 and have always thought the pickup was or should be a bit better than it is.. The only time I can get the tires to spin from the start is when I have it washed and the pavement is slick.... any thoughts on this or for the 300 is this normal?

Own a 02 GS300 and have always thought the pickup was or should be a bit better than it is.. The only time I can get the tires to spin from the start is when I have it washed and the pavement is slick.... any thoughts on this or for the 300 is this normal?

Put it in power mode, Take the trac off. Use the brake torque technique. I do not reccomend brake torqueing. The whole idea is to get traction to the tires not to kick them loose. Burn outs are for warming up the tires prior to a race so they become sticky/soft for more traction. The only place a burnout is "cool" is at thr race track.

^^^ All good tips to get the tired burning but IMO burning any type of tires besides slicks is pointless. Street tires, which most of us roll on are made to perform at daily driven specifications. Burning out the tires makes them hot, loose, and can lead to warping or flat spots. Simply don't do this unless you have a built motor includung your transmission. It isn't safe for your transmission to do this over and over again. It is fun to do though.

You can easily get them moving with some motor oil on the tire treads but that will also help burn more tire = no good! lol unless you can afford to play. The 300 is a sporty sedan but it is not meant to burnout from a stop or at all. Have fun, but be aware of your actions and the consequences. I am sponsored by Dunlop Tires and I still don't burn out.

Just to clarify... Not trying to break any local, state or international laws or do this on an ongoing basis... My tires are getting close to being replaced so wanted to test the pick up and use up the last remaining tread. Thanks for the tips.

two words, torque converter

Agree.

Try this out.

Re-set the ECU(pull the battery cable for a few minutes or pull the ECU fuse) The Brain will re-learn your driving habits. As other have said turn off traction controll and put on the PWR setting. My car feels more torqey and brakes lose.

You should notice a diffreance in how the car responds.

One down fall all your presets will need to be updated(radio, seats, ect.)

Or upgrade to a V8 j/k LOL

Have fun

I have a GS400 with an intake and exhaust and still can't burn 'em from a stop even with Power mode on and Traction off. I also have 19's and two 12" subs in a custom box in the trunk though.

The G4 should be able to do burnouts all day long, Somethiong is wrong. Driver ? Yeah, reset the ecu. You probably have a short ram intake :chairshot: