Do I Need A Lexus (nippon) Oil Filter?

you do not need it but then again who needs a lexus

when it is just a camry

:lol:

i prefer the toyta filters they are a very good media with the right amount of flow rate for the oil to return to the engine to stop oil starvation

delco make a really good filter also

i am sure if you did a google search there might be some pics of filters opened up to show the filtering medai and the amount in each type

but it has been years since i first saw them on the web

I do not have much to add to this topic. ...suggest that you do some research on filters before using any old one. I have used the inexpensive FRAM and other filters, but then changed the oil at 2000 miles instead of 3,000 or 4,000 miles. There certainly are differences in quality; Toyota should be fine as well as original equipment. Other brands may be as good, but their use requires getting and reviewing the specs for the filters; they might be good; they might be junk. Price may not be a big factor; good ones can be inexpensive.

After my first 2 dealer free oil changes on my '94 ES I decided to do this service work myself. I remember reading Consumers Reports Magazine when they tested oil filters. The top rated oil filter was the Fram filter.

So that's what I used until I traded this car in, in '03. No problems at all using this brand filter for over 9 years.:)

olezip,

I don't mean to mislead you, but the Consumers Reports writeup about oil filters was published years ago. Maybe around 1995. I'm sure there must have been improvements in the other manufacturers products since that time. ;)