Over Fill The Engine Oil

hoi008

recently i bring my own Mobil -1 oil to a toyota dealer for oil chage they have use 8 qut of oil is it too much of will it over fill and damage the engine

Check the oil dipstick, If it is overfilled drain some out or bring it back to the toy dealer. It's a no brainer :whistles:

• 1 month later...
recently i bring my own Mobil -1 oil to a toyota dealer for oil chage they have use 8 qut of oil is it too much of will it over fill and damage the engine

Oddly enough, I have had the exact same experience with my Lexus dealer. Every time I have taken it there, and I always bring my own Mobil One oil, they say they need 7.5 quarts. The owners manual says it takes 6.5 quarts for full. I check the dipstick the next moring and it's always right at full.

When I have taken it to my local oil change place with my own Mobil one, they use 6.5 quarts, and again, my dipstick reads full. I have no idea whats going on unless my lexus dealer is stealing that extra quart. That is rediculous though.