Well, I Went And "done" It......

landar

a real "cream puff". One owner(CEO of a local company), 62k miles, dealer serviced, all records. Wow. I saw this car in the paper about three weeks ago. I wasn't particularly looking for a new vehicle, just caught my eye and I thought no harm in just looking. Of course I drove it. Love ensued. I couldnt stop thinking about her. Couldnt sleep at night. Sounds crazy doesnt it? This is my first Lexus and I am both excited and apprehensive at the same time. What did I get myself into? I gave $14k for the car with the stipulation that the owner have the 60k service done at Lexus(which he did to the tune of about $500). I stopped by to talk to the mechanics and have a look at the underside. The boys at Lexus were very impressed with how well the car had been maintained.

A friend of mine recently bought a four cylinder 2006 Dodge Status with 20k miles for $13k. Now, the Dodge is nice but I can not believe that I could get the Lexus, even with 3x the mileage and 8 years older for about the same price. To me, there simply is no comparison between the two. Yet I feel guilty, almost a "snob". I am a former Ford/Olds/Mistsubishi /Chrysler owner. I think I am about to be spoiled rotten!

I took my 15 year old son for a ride and "punched" it for the first time. Wow, did not expect that kind of acceleration! Even he was impressed(and that aint easy to do).

Ok, sorry for the lengthy message but I am pumped. Looking forward to many years of marriage to the old gal(the car and my wife..... : :whistles: )

I am a DIY car enthusiast and will try to contribute to the forum when I can.

Regards,

Landar

A friend of mine recently bought a four cylinder 2006 Dodge Status with 20k miles for $13k. Now, the Dodge is nice but I can not believe that I could get the Lexus, even with 3x the mileage and 8 years older for about the same price.

Your 1998 Lexus will very likely still be running smooth and strong when that 2006 Dodge is dead and buried......congrats! :cheers:

:D That is so cool - I experienced part of your joy just by reading your post!

Welcome to the Club and I wish you many long years of happiness with the "old gal" as well as with your wife.

I can pretty much tell you, your car is probably as good as new. Take sweet care of her and she'll purr along way past 300k miles. Don't worry, I didn't sleep for like 2 days when i got my LEX. It had been my dream car since i was 5. Even though she wasn't new , she was mine.

Just an update.....my first full day with my new "baby". Took her to work to show the guys. They are not Lexus savvy and didnt know what year it was but could not believe this was a nine year old car. It looks (and drives) like brand new. The quality of paint and materials is evident.

I "floated" into work and floated back home. Its like I am on cloud nine! Its pure love, fellas. What a car! I know, I know, get a grip. But I am just so impressed every time I drive her. And the chiseled good looks. She's a timeless beauty with classic lines.

Ya know, I am actually starting to feel sorry for the other drivers that I meet along the road. No Lexus? Of course, I used to be one that gang. Mercifully, ignorance is bliss.

Just an update.....my first full day with my new "baby". Took her to work to show the guys. They are not Lexus savvy and didnt know what year it was but could not believe this was a nine year old car. It looks (and drives) like brand new. The quality of paint and materials is evident.

I "floated" into work and floated back home. Its like I am on cloud nine! Its pure love, fellas. What a car! I know, I know, get a grip. But I am just so impressed every time I drive her. And the chiseled good looks. She's a timeless beauty with classic lines.

Ya know, I am actually starting to feel sorry for the other drivers that I meet along the road. No Lexus? Of course, I used to be one that gang. Mercifully, ignorance is bliss.

Hehehe...now you're kinda of like me with regard to how I feel about my Lex. I bought my 1996 LS back in October and still haven't gotten over finding any old excuse to drive it. These are great cars that are unequaled. BTW, you got your LS for a good price!

I feel the exact same way you do. I bought a 97 from my parents for 8k. It has 115000 miles on it and has been meticuliously maintained. I keep driving around thinking that for less than the cost of a Kia I have one of the finest autos ever built.

I recently bought and installed new Brembo rotors and ceramic pads for the front brakes. I could not get over how large the brakes were. Every piece of these cars was designed to last.

Anyway enjoy!