recomended place to buy a/c compressor

Lee Mitchell

I just replaced my a/c compressor on a 90 LS400.

I think I found a great place on the net to buy it,

so I wanted to share the info. I paid $630 for an

oem DENSO compressor with clutch. I also got the reciever-dryer

for $27.

CARLISLES CAAW PARTS WHSE

http://www.caawparts.com/index.asp?Page=Catalog

1292 New Laredo Hwy

San Antonio, TX 78211

210.922.5991 (local)

888.923.8504 (toll free)

210.922.5996 (fax)

6411 San Pedro

San Antonio, TX 78216

210.377.3377 (local)

800.243.3433 (toll free)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

How difficult was it to replace? I have done compressors on Chevy's and Cadillacs but never on a Lexus. I have all the tools and 30lbs. of R-12 on hand. I guess specifically what I need to know is how much oil and R-12 to add and technical stuff like that. I'd like to do this next week as it is getting hot.

Another possible source for a remanufactured AC compressor is Pace Compressor out of Tampa, FL. WEB site is www.auto-air-compressor.com. I think that the price is around $300 with exchange. I've not used them for a compressor but they might be worth a look.

• 3 weeks later...

A little late with this reply but I can vouch that Pace Compressors is a good place to work with. I just replaced the compressor in my 93 LS with a Pace compressor. One thing that anyone replacing a compressor should consider is installing a filter in the suction line and Pace has a serviceable filter that they designed, the filter element is replaceable for $2. and will be insurance against the replacement compressor failing. It is not unusual for a failing compressor to fill your condenser and lines with metallic debris. I put the filter in the suction line and the filter definitely picked up metallic particles that I couldn't flush out. Definitely good folks to work with, highly recommended.

Curt