Overheating Issues!

I tried doing a search but could not find help for my specific issue.

two days ago i was driving home with the heater on fairly high. When i was almost home i noticed smoke/steam coming out of my engine. i checked the engine and saw all of my coolant gone.

yesterday i filled the coolant resevoir with almost 2 quarts of 50/50 coolant water mix. i started drivinh and noticed my heater no longer worked but everything else was fine. after about 10 miles my car started was overheating again. but the coolant level dropped to almost low from above full. i came back to my car and the coolant was the same. drove about 2 miles to my friends house with no problems then added coolant. drove 3-4 miles to a gas station and it was overheating again and the coolant was gone from the resevoir. I added water drove to my friends house and parked it.

I did notice bubbles coming into my resevoir through all of this so thought it was normal. when reading another post i saw there might be air coming into coolant line and that might be causing plroblems.

I need help in figuring out what the problem is. This car is also my daily drive and i need it to get to work. any help is appreciated.

If you put in coolant, and it's disappearing, then it's obviously a leak. When you saw steam the first time, how hot did the temp gauge register? Turn your car on, turn the heat on full blast, and open the hood and see if you can't tell where it's leaking.

^ just what I was gonna say. No need to replace the rad. unless it's leaking or effed up. Check all your hoses first, maybe your water pump is dead, cracked radiator hose, anything. Start the car up and look around and you'll find the leak.

I have a crack in my coolant tank; if i leave the car overnight i can wake up to a puddle of antifreeze, but i have absolutely no overheating issues... ive even run the car without any coolant in the tank - just what was already in the system and the temp gauge stayed in the mid-low region. I believe my radiator has a very small leak too, but it doesnt affect my temperature... hope this helps