Dtc (codes) And Locations Of Oxy Sensonrs

Engine light along with various other lights have come on. Last time I had this happen I replaced an oxygen sensor which worked for about 5 months and now I have had it checked again... There are 2 things coming up. P0031 HO2S Bank 1 Sen 1 Heater Circuit low and P0037 HO2Bank 1 Sen 2 Heater Circuit Low. I am guessing that these are oxygen sensors, but have no clue which ones they are or where they are at. I am guessing the P0031 is the one that comes up under the floorboard, anyone know where the other one is (HO2 Bank1 Sen 2). 2003 GS300

Engine light along with various other lights have come on. Last time I had this happen I replaced an oxygen sensor which worked for about 5 months and now I have had it checked again... There are 2 things coming up. P0031 HO2S Bank 1 Sen 1 Heater Circuit low and P0037 HO2Bank 1 Sen 2 Heater Circuit Low. I am guessing that these are oxygen sensors, but have no clue which ones they are or where they are at. I am guessing the P0031 is the one that comes up under the floorboard, anyone know where the other one is (HO2 Bank1 Sen 2). 2003 GS300

you are incorrect...the two o2 sensors are for cylinder 1,2,3... radiator side to cabin goes from 123 and 456.. so the first sensor on the top radiator side is bank 1, sensor 1... bank 1, sensor 2 is the sensor closest to radiator side, but the one after the cat.

cabin ----- 6-5-4----------3-2-1----- radiator

6-5-4 is bank 2 (cabin side)

3-2-1 is bank 1 (radiator side)

sensor 1 (means upstream) they are located before the catlytic convertor.

bank 2 sensor 1 is located on 6-5-4 (cabin side, pre cat.)

bank 1 sensor 1 is located on 3-2-1 (radiator side, pre cat.)

sensor 2 (means downstream) its located after the catalytic convertor..

bank 2 sensor 2 is located underneath the cabin (last o2 sensor)

bank 1 sensor 2 is located underhood (under bank 1 cat. )

I just got p0141, b1s2 i think... a diagram would rock

bank 1 sensor 2....

ok, i said b1s2, you said b1s2, then.... ? Thanks for the previous reply though it takes the guesswork out of it, hopefully it doesn't rain today and i can pop the old !Removed! out and put a new on in!

"bank 2 sensor 1 is located on 6-5-4 (cabin side, pre cat.)"

gotta love inline layouts.

you put b1s2 i think...

i was just validating that your assumption was correct... :chairshot:

i too need to replace that same sensor... i'll be installing mine over the weekend... good luck...

by the way, in case you or anyone else cares to know, a 22mm open end wrench is the size you need in order to pull the o2 out...

• 3 weeks later...

Finally was able to get to replacing the O2 sensors (correctly I might add from the superb info from the forum!) Runs great and go more lights on the dash!! The info on where and what these codes mean was extremenly helpful!

:cheers:

Thanks!!

you put b1s2 i think...

i was just validating that your assumption was correct...:chairshot:

i too need to replace that same sensor... i'll be installing mine over the weekend... good luck...

by the way, in case you or anyone else cares to know, a 22mm open end wrench is the size you need in order to pull the o2 out...

ohhhh, sorry about that, I was sure what the code meant, I was NOT sure which code I got at the time. I still haven't gotten around to changing the sensor yet, hopefully I can get to it soon. Would anyone happen to know the OE part number for the b1s2 sensor? I'll probably order the sensor from oxygensensors.com but this time around I'll be sure to test the sensor before installing, I don't want to end up with another hole in my pocket due to a DOA sensor.

• 3 years later...