Removing Subwoofer

nc211

I'm ready to replace my subwoofer, but not quite sure how it's done. I have the manual in pdf. format, and much of it is printed off "mechanical wise". The problem, is that the rest of it sits in my yahoo email account, pdf by pdf, and it's taking hours upon hours to download the rest of the files. They're all labled 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc... so I have no clue what's on it until I download it. Yahoo has that "scan everything first" default setting, which just kills my downloading. I'm curious if I can just pop off the screen cover on the back, or do I have to actually remove the seat to get the back deck off. Or, can it be done from underneath? I'm stumped on this one, and trying to find the easiest way. NOTHING irks me more than doing a ton of work, only later to realize that it was just a simple pull-n-plug process.

Thanks fellas! :cheers:

I'm ready to replace my subwoofer, but not quite sure how it's done. I have the manual in pdf. format, and much of it is printed off "mechanical wise". The problem, is that the rest of it sits in my yahoo email account, pdf by pdf, and it's taking hours upon hours to download the rest of the files. They're all labled 1,2,3,4,5,6,etc... so I have no clue what's on it until I download it. Yahoo has that "scan everything first" default setting, which just kills my downloading. I'm curious if I can just pop off the screen cover on the back, or do I have to actually remove the seat to get the back deck off. Or, can it be done from underneath? I'm stumped on this one, and trying to find the easiest way. NOTHING irks me more than doing a ton of work, only later to realize that it was just a simple pull-n-plug process.

Thanks fellas! :cheers:

http://www.lextreme.com/speaker.html This should be able to guide you amigo :cheers:

NICE!!!! Thanks DC!!! I completely forgot about lextreme. Haven't had my 3rd cup of coffee yet this morning, which is probably why I can still see straight and my eyes aren't floating around.

Seems easy enough, and shouldn't take but an hour at most. That's good, because I can't take talk-radio anymore, I need my thump back. :cheers:

I just pulled the 'woofer cover on my car to see how it differs from the '91 in the link, and it looks like you are going to have to pull the back seat. The back two bolts are perfectly located, but the front two are the ones that will likely cause you to have to take the back seat out since they are covered by the back dash. It's more of a pain in the !Removed!, but I don't see it taking too much time.

post-1461-1177514225_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1177514237_thumb.jpg

post-1461-1177514244_thumb.jpg

Blake, unfortunetly, you were right, and man, what a PAIN IN THE BUTT it is to take out that seat, especially when it's humid, and the mosquitos are out! But, the new sub is in there, and I'm back to my normal, anti-aging, noise again! Ahhh, The Who never sounded so nice! The old sub was definetely toast, and judging by how well the new one sounds, was toasted quite some time ago! The center cone bubble what completely ripped off of the speaker. It was just flapping around, held on by those two tiny wire connectors. The new one actually makes the license plate cover rattle a bit, and the bass isn't set but a tick past middle. I love it, just freakin' love it!

DC, thanks amigo for the hook-up! :cheers:

PS: Celine SUCKS!!!! Saw the moon-lizzard from hell on American Idol tonight, and had to leave the room for fear of erectile dysfunction disease being beamed through the TV. :pirate:

Blake, unfortunetly, you were right, and man, what a PAIN IN THE BUTT it is to take out that seat, especially when it's humid, and the mosquitos are out! But, the new sub is in there, and I'm back to my normal, anti-aging, noise again! Ahhh, The Who never sounded so nice! The old sub was definetely toast, and judging by how well the new one sounds, was toasted quite some time ago! The center cone bubble what completely ripped off of the speaker. It was just flapping around, held on by those two tiny wire connectors. The new one actually makes the license plate cover rattle a bit, and the bass isn't set but a tick past middle. I love it, just freakin' love it!

DC, thanks amigo for the hook-up! :cheers:

PS: Celine SUCKS!!!! Saw the moon-lizzard from hell on American Idol tonight, and had to leave the room for fear of erectile dysfunction disease being beamed through the TV. :pirate:

My pleasure buddy :cheers: Anytime amigo, Like I said, I just want to help out fellow lexus owners. Who is deline celion ??? :lol::lol::lol: Turn it up...Enjoy the tunes :cheers: