Considering Buying A 2007 Lexus 350 Es

Joeyde

Does anyone know how I can find out when my 350 was made? Is there a date some were on the veh or in the VIN?

I picked it up Saturday, I really love it so far.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how I can find out when my 350 was made? Is there a date some were on the veh or in the VIN?

If you open up your drivers door you'll see a plaque on the bottom of the door jamb with the month and year. Keep looking, you'll find it. :)

If you open up your drivers door you'll see a plaque on the bottom of the door jamb with the month and year. Keep looking, you'll find it. :)

Thanks, I found it. It was made 03/07. I'm hoping the trans problems with the 350's have been fixed by now.

Thanks, I found it. It was made 03/07. I'm hoping the trans problems with the 350's have been fixed by now.

You guys are aware that 07 V6 Camrys are having the same tranny problems as the ES 350? It's not just the ES. Toyota has a lot of fixing to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the Es350 styling both inside and out. My wife likes the outside styling and is OK with the inside. I don't like the brake pedal feel or the numb steering. My wife likes it. I don't like the wind noise although Lexus is working on it without admitting anything is wrong. My wife doesn't like but will accept it. Both of us like the rear seat legroom. And neither of us like the dim trunk lights. I preferred my '01 330i, she didn't. Guess which one we now have. :rolleyes:

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. The 3 series has never appealed to me. The new one is more attractive inside and out, but its still WAY to small IMHO.

• 1 month later...
does anyone knows if Lexus will offer any discounts close to Labor day?

Does it make any sence to wait to get better price. I got an offer for 32,600 for base model, no nav.

This is a very very good offer...especially if it includes freight...tell me who quoted this for you as I am interested too....does this price includes freight.

does anyone knows if Lexus will offer any discounts close to Labor day?

Does it make any sence to wait to get better price. I got an offer for 32,600 for base model, no nav.

This is a very very good offer...especially if it includes freight...tell me who quoted this for you as I am interested too....does this price includes freight.

...when you say the base model...do you mean the one with premium pkg...zenons...vent seats...wood & leather wheel...rear bags...full size spare.

it is kind of funny - premium package, but it does not include heated seats, woods, and other stuff.

However, it does include dest. charges.

I am trying to compare ES350 with Acura TL. For the same price Acura base model comes with all goodies with no extra cost and very good finance option - 3.9% APR for 60 month. It looks like - at the end ES350 will end up costing 5K more.

Any thought?

You have to look at it at the end though. Yes the ES may cost $5k more now, but 5 years from now the ES will be worth considerably more since the RL has abysmal depreciation.

I'm considering buying one as well.

One of the most attractive things to me about this car, based on the reviews I've read, is how quiet it is inside. I have excessively strong disdain for interior noise. Especially in the morning when I'm driving to work.

The issue I'm having is that I've actually had the rattling problem with an 05 RX330; coming from somewhere in the dash directly under the windshield. I would be irked if the ES experiences that problem.

For anyone who has driven both an 04/05 RX330 and an ES350 how do they compare? I'm asking because I haven't had a chance to test drive the ES yet but have had plenty of experience with the RX cars going back to the 300 in '98. Is the ride smoother in the ES? Quieter?

Also, anyone know how much the Levinson upgrade costs?

I'm considering buying one as well.
One of the most attractive things to me about this car, based on the reviews I've read, is how quiet it is inside. I have excessively strong disdain for interior noise. Especially in the morning when I'm driving to work.

It's sooo quiet it'll probably put you back to sleep.

The issue I'm having is that I've actually had the rattling problem with an 05 RX330; coming from somewhere in the dash directly under the windshield. I would be irked if the ES experiences that problem.

Well, I don't have any rattles, after owning my car for about 13 months.

For anyone who has driven both an 04/05 RX330 and an ES350 how do they compare? I'm asking because I haven't had a chance to test drive the ES yet but have had plenty of experience with the RX cars going back to the 300 in '98. Is the ride smoother in the ES Quieter?

My daughter has an '04 RX330 which I drive on occasion. This RX has a great ride for an SUV, but there's no comparison to the ES350 ride. The ES is smoother & quieter by a larger margin. This is not a fair comparison......since it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Also, anyone know how much the Levinson upgrade costs?

You can only get the Levinson system on the UL(Ultra Luxury) edition, which is part of a package that Lexus offers. Check out the various packages and prices offered on www.lexus.com

The ES is significantly quieter than the RX. The ES is far and away the second quietest vehicle in the Lexus lineup, second of course to the LS which is actually not as much quieter as you would think...

As for rattles, I've never had a rattle in a Lexus vehicle I couldn't get fixed...

The ES is significantly quieter than the RX. The ES is far and away the second quietest vehicle in the Lexus lineup, second of course to the LS which is actually not as much quieter as you would think...

As for rattles, I've never had a rattle in a Lexus vehicle I couldn't get fixed...

I see you're from the Montgomery County area as well.

Where's the best place to get a Lexus around here? :)

I got mine from the Internet Sales department at Lexus of Annapolis. The Internet Sales Manager back then was Allison Weitz and I know a couple LOC members bought from her because of my reccomendation. I don't know if she's still there.

I'm having my car serviced at Lexus of Rockville now and am very satisfied, although theres no particular salesman I can point you towards.

I got mine from the Internet Sales department at Lexus of Annapolis. The Internet Sales Manager back then was Allison Weitz and I know a couple LOC members bought from her because of my reccomendation. I don't know if she's still there.

I'm having my car serviced at Lexus of Rockville now and am very satisfied, although theres no particular salesman I can point you towards.

• 1 month later...

I'm waiting to see what the updated 3rd generation '08 Toyota Avy looks/feels/drives like before heading into the Rockville dealership to purchase the ES. How is the service at the Rockville dealership? I have never used a dealership for my routine maintenance or repair work so I'm a bit weary as to going all in with them.

I don't like the Es350 styling both inside and out. My wife likes the outside styling and is OK with the inside. I don't like the brake pedal feel or the numb steering. My wife likes it. I don't like the wind noise although Lexus is working on it without admitting anything is wrong. My wife doesn't like but will accept it. Both of us like the rear seat legroom. And neither of us like the dim trunk lights. I preferred my '01 330i, she didn't. Guess which one we now have. :rolleyes:

You can use an adapter with a bi-pin halogen bulb to improve the trunk lighting but I have no suggestion for alleviating the safety problem of owning/driving a FWD vehicle on an adverse. slippery, roadbed surface.

:cheers::cheers: i just joined this forum since buying a new ES350 about a month ago. we drove the car on a trip of about 900 miles total and it performed like a dream. it also performed at 33 mpg on the gas mileage which blew me away. My second car is a 2002 RX300 with 90,000 miles on it. I have read the RX forum and saw many comments about transmission problems. We have had the RX since it had 9000 miles on it and are still waiting for anything...anything...to go wrong.I had a local guy do the 90000 mile service for $900 vs $1400 lexus wanted so I think that car is set for the second 100k miles.

this is my 4th lexus . i have had 2 LS400s ....have never actually had a single problem with any of the first three we owned and will be surprised if we have any problems with the new ES350. I considered the Toyota avalon ltd as an alternative due to regular gas,but am glad i bit the bullet and bought the ES. it is just a nicer ,seemingly higher quality car all the way around...plus you get the lexus class service vs what you get at a toyota dealership...or at least that has been my experience.

:cheers: :cheers: i just joined this forum since buying a new ES350 about a month ago. we drove the car on a trip of about 900 miles total and it performed like a dream. it also performed at 33 mpg on the gas mileage which blew me away. My second car is a 2002 RX300 with 90,000 miles on it. I have read the RX forum and saw many comments about transmission problems. We have had the RX since it had 9000 miles on it and are still waiting for anything...anything...to go wrong.I had a local guy do the 90000 mile service for $900 vs $1400 lexus wanted so I think that car is set for the second 100k miles.

this is my 4th lexus . i have had 2 LS400s ....have never actually had a single problem with any of the first three we owned and will be surprised if we have any problems with the new ES350. I considered the Toyota avalon ltd as an alternative due to regular gas,but am glad i bit the bullet and bought the ES. it is just a nicer ,seemingly higher quality car all the way around...plus you get the lexus class service vs what you get at a toyota dealership...or at least that has been my experience.

What dealer did you buy from? Same for service?

I had heard you might be able to use 89 octane gas in the es350 but havent tried it yet. It is hard to compare an es350 to an ls400,but my wife and I are both very surprised at how nicely the comfort of the ride in the 350 compares to the LS models we had. Both LS models i bought were used and certified...never a problem on either one of them .

Would love to have the LS450 but i'm retired and cant afford that baby.

Sorry I am posting replies to the wrong place. Just getting used to using this forum.