Just Got My Sc400

i just bought a 93 lexus sc 400 . it has 135000miles on it nothing is wrong with it mechanicly. i only paid 3200 for it b/c a drunk driver hit it while it was parked and got the driver door a bit. the damage isnt even that bad.

so i was wondering what you guys though were some good quick up grades.

i would post some pictures but i cant figure out how to do it on here.

i just bought a 93 lexus sc 400 . it has 135000miles on it nothing is wrong with it mechanicly. i only paid 3200 for it b/c a drunk driver hit it while it was parked and got the driver door a bit. the damage isnt even that bad.

Welcome to the club :cheers: Always hate to hear that a lex was hit :cries: Check out JIBBBY he is the SC modder on these boards as of late.

Welcome to the club :cheers: Always hate to hear that a lex was hit :cries: Check out JIBBBY he is the SC modder on these boards as of late.

im looking to see how hard it would be to put lowering springs on it myself and were to find good parts also want to put a chip and exuast any know where to look?

Check ebay if you need replacement parts as at least one SC400 is being parted out and you may get a matching door if you you need one. Otherwise, I would, check with lexus to get the cars service history. Did it have the timing belt done at 90,000mi? Also, the PS units tend to start to leak at about your milage and there are less expensive rebuild kits available if needed than what lexus would charge you if you need to repair/replace it. I would change the oil, oil filter, air and fuel filters if these have not been recently done. I use mobile one and OEM,Mahle or Wixx filters. Also, flush the brake fluid and consider gradually changing the transmission fluid to Toyota T4 synthetic. I use NGK iridium spark plugs off ebay for about $48 and they have been excellent. I've found that Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 tires on the OEM 16" rims work great in wet or dry conditions and are very quiet for a high performance tire. You can upgrade your headlights to silverstar plus bulbs. For more performance you can get a dragon torque converter, headers, chip etc but Jibbby is the expert in those areas. Also check the detailing forums ( I'd wash, clay bar, polish, wax and seal the exterior and gently clean the interior with a magic eraser using woolite & water in a 1:5 dilution) if necessary. Ultimately it just depends on what you want to accomplish and how much you want to spend.

Check ebay if you need replacement parts as at least one SC400 is being parted out and you may get a matching door if you you need one. Otherwise, I would, check with lexus to get the cars service history. Did it have the timing belt done at 90,000mi? Also, the PS units tend to start to leak at about your milage and there are less expensive rebuild kits available if needed than what lexus would charge you if you need to repair/replace it. I would change the oil, oil filter, air and fuel filters if these have not been recently done. I use mobile one and OEM,Mahle or Wixx filters. Also, flush the brake fluid and consider gradually changing the transmission fluid to Toyota T4 synthetic. I use NGK iridium spark plugs off ebay for about $48 and they have been excellent. I've found that Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 tires on the OEM 16" rims work great in wet or dry conditions and are very quiet for a high performance tire. You can upgrade your headlights to silverstar plus bulbs. For more performance you can get a dragon torque converter, headers, chip etc but Jibbby is the expert in those areas. Also check the detailing forums ( I'd wash, clay bar, polish, wax and seal the exterior and gently clean the interior with a magic eraser using woolite & water in a 1:5 dilution) if necessary. Ultimately it just depends on what you want to accomplish and how much you want to spend.

thnx for all the info. i alrdy changed the oil checked all the fluids, air fliter, and oil filter. gonna put ngks on aswell and was going to change the tranny fluid why should i use toyota t4 sunthetic what does it do how much? i got a set of 18" wheels on there now off a newer infinity im going to put 2 new tires on the back this weekend. also hoping to get it tinted dark this weekend.

Most all of the threads I've read on replacing the transmission fluid suggest a gradual change by dropping the pan and putting in the newer T4 fluid (2-3qts every 3-5,000mi) until the color changes to close to the new fluid or do it 5-6 times. Some people reported trouble with flushing out the transmission fluid in cars with high miles on the trans. and then replacing all the fluid at once so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Don't use anything other than T4 (or the older T2) Toyota brand trans fluid or you may get yourself in trouble. If you google lexus parts or toyota trans fluid you should be able to get T4 for about $5.50qt and free shipping for orders over $50 is common. Clean the transmission filter when you drop the pan. You can also check with your local lexus or toyota dealer but the above advice is a summary of what I've found on the web.

Most all of the threads I've read on replacing the transmission fluid suggest a gradual change by dropping the pan and putting in the newer T4 fluid (2-3qts every 3-5,000mi) until the color changes to close to the new fluid or do it 5-6 times. Some people reported trouble with flushing out the transmission fluid in cars with high miles on the trans. and then replacing all the fluid at once so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Don't use anything other than T4 (or the older T2) Toyota brand trans fluid or you may get yourself in trouble. If you google lexus parts or toyota trans fluid you should be able to get T4 for about $5.50qt and free shipping for orders over $50 is common. Clean the transmission filter when you drop the pan. You can also check with your local lexus or toyota dealer but the above advice is a summary of what I've found on the web.

thnx.

my dad keeps telling me the rear end in this thing is crazy good and is wondering if he could adjust it by himself is this possable? also is it common for the rear end seal to need to be replaced?

Dang 3k is a nice find. First thing, if I were you, is to drop it on some full coilovers or air ride and then gets some wheels :P.

well it already has infinity rims which looks nice and i did plan on putting coilovers on as soon as i get a system and tint.