Oil Leak

Yesterday, I was kind of stomping on the throttle a little harder than I normally do. This morning I noticed a sizable oil puddle in the center of the car near the oil drain plug. I need to get under there to see whats going on but do you guys think this could be a main seal? If so, the car needs to go...$ engine pull. Any suggestions of what to look for? I also have the famous PS leak. Could this just be ATF fluid working its way back to the oil pan area? It seamed pretty oilly like motor oil though.

Anyone else had this happen?

Termin8or

Yesterday, I was kind of stomping on the throttle a little harder than I normally do. This morning I noticed a sizable oil puddle in the center of the car near the oil drain plug. I need to get under there to see whats going on but do you guys think this could be a main seal? If so, the car needs to go...$ engine pull. Any suggestions of what to look for? I also have the famous PS leak. Could this just be ATF fluid working its way back to the oil pan area? It seamed pretty oilly like motor oil though.

Anyone else had this happen?

Termin8or

Have a mechanic check to see if it may be the Rear Main Seal on the engine....good luck!!!

Well I got under the car today and it looks to me to be the main seal. Its dripping oil between were the trans bolts up to the bellhousing. bummer. I guess Ill try some seal condioner and see if that helps.

I have the same leak and it is main seal. Good news is I have been told it will not cause any more damage, just make sure you check your oil and keep a cardboard box under car :) I have an estimate of $600 to have it fixed. When I do it will also have engine and tranny mounts replaced. I hear that makes a nice difference in ride. Good luck. Doug

I was also thinking that the trans seal(s) should be changed now and also its a good time perhaps, to change the trans filter and drive shat universal knuckle. I tried the Bars "Main Seal Conditioner" but it didn't work. Thanks for you input

Hey, you can try all the stop oil leak products...However, if it is nastly leak chances are those products won't work and will only help you develope oil sludge....

I have changed out the main seal once and it's not easy.... Shouldn't cost you more then $300-$400 in if you really shop around at all your local tranny shops...I know of a tranny shop out here in Santa Monica, Ca. that would do it for $300....