02 Es300 Check Engine/vsc Light On

Dear all,

I was driving and minding my own business when I realized the check engine light comes on, the followed by the "Traction Off" and VSC light coming on as well. I pulled over and didn't noticed any abnormality or weird noise from the engine. However, the Traction button below the steering wheel is not responding when I push it. Anyone knows what caused this and is this a common problem for the ES300? The car has less than 55k miles. Thanks.

You check engine light triggers your VSC light. You need to find out what is causing your check engine light to activate. Take your car to a shop, or autozone (they do it for free) and find out what codes are being tripped. At less than 55k my guess would be your bank one/sensor one Air Fuel ratio sensor which is code p1135 or something like that. Post the codes here and then we can take it from there. Goodluck.

I hade a similar problem except my car was changing gears funny and wouldnt get over 80mph. I took it to the dealer and it triped 02 and massair sensors. It turnd out to be just a little bit of oil that got on the massair and some dirt, they just wiped the mass air off. My light were reset and my Lex flys like a champ!!!