Pitted Windshield....

djspawn00

• 4 weeks later...

There is an ad for window repair right above your post

http://www.safelite.com/repair.jsp

I may be wrong but I think the window problem is from your driving habits. If you follow too closely the car in front of you will kick up sand a stones. I have been driving for over 40 years and have never had a windshield pitted, I also make it a habit not to tailgate. Corvettes are prone to windshield problems because they are lower, A lot of people complain about Corvette windows but there are many Corvette owners that don't have a problem. My personal opinion is that if identical cars are problem free while others are pitted I would blame it on driving habits, or it could also be possible that you live in an area where it is sandy and windy and the wind kicks up a sand storm that pits the windows. Those are the only causes I can think of but maybe someone else has a theory as to why you have these problems.

djspawn, it happens on these cars for some reason. Mine is the same way, looks like a trillion little sand pits, and when the sun hits it in just the right spot, or at night with headlights, it makes it tough to see out of. I've tried liquid glass repairs, etc... nothing seems to permanently fix it. I run my and over the glass, and it's smooth, can't feel the pits at all. I think it's within the tint of the glass. Lexus glass has either a greenish tint, or a charcoalish tint from the factory, and I think over time, the sun's uv's pit that tint. I have noticed however that if you claybar the windshield, and then lather it up real good with rain-x, it helps quite a bit! I also clean the inside glass with a Mr. Clean Magic Erasier Bar, which also helps. Those Mr. Cleans are the best product on earth for cleaning glass! They're also great for your headlights. Claybar the lense, then Mr. Clean the lense, then rain-x the lense, and they'll sparkle!

Mine does the samething. In fact, every car I have driver does it at some time. If you drive alot or on certain highways/place, salt/sand etc will do this. It is normal.

Hell, drive down south with the "big rigs" you cannot stop it.

DJ- love the pix! Love the A-team. :)

In 1972 a crack commando............I Love it!

Mine does the samething. In fact, every car I have driver does it at some time. If you drive alot or on certain highways/place, salt/sand etc will do this. It is normal.

Hell, drive down south with the "big rigs" you cannot stop it.

DJ- love the pix! Love the A-team. :)

In 1972 a crack commando............I Love it!

LOL, yeah the a-team rocks, I just gotta find the van they used to drive and customize it to match.