Stereo System Issue

Al.

Hi Everyone - Over the weekend my Nakamichie system/unit did something really weird......the right side of the car speakers all of the sudden quite working (only the driver side speakers were working)....I noticed this as my wife said I only hear the sound coming from your side not mine).

Interesting though heading to the office this morning all of the speakers are back fine....it appears this is going to be intermittent type issue....has any one experienced this kind of problem ? if so what is the fix ?

Thanks

Al.

Yeah, I had that problem once, I just switched the cd because the studio certainly didn't edit one side of that compact disc correctly. I'd wait until it happens again before I'd start panicking. I have a 98 also and the only problem I had was when I first purchased it in 2004 and the cds wouldn't play at all for the first 2 weeks. However, being the intellectual person I am, with my vast expertise of reading techniques, I read that you should place the cd's in upside down. Boy did I feel dumb then, that I didn't read it sooner.

OK I got the same problem this morning again.....only the left side speakers are on and the right ones are dead....any ideas guys...is this a CD changer problems or a head unit ?

I switched to radio and the same sitution....the right speakers are not on.

Thanks in advance.

Yes I checked everything and they are all centered as they should be. When I turned the balance to the right side only....I got nothing but when I leave it centered or move it to the left side only the left side works......and yes my sub is working.

• 2 months later...
Maybe you can try to swap the speakers Left to Right to see whether the speaker had shorted out. If it were the amp., try Ebay before the dealer. Good luck to you.

If I can jump in here... My rear deck speaker... The sub?... is not working. I've moved fad, balance, bass etc. with no luck. Could this be fused in any way? or .... ??? Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Yes even when the radio is on.

The amp is starting to go.:cries:

I have the same problem in my new to me 91 ls400 with nakamichi. the right side upper door tweeter works or at least it generates some very tinny high pitched sound which I assume is normal, but the main right side speakers are completely dead for radio and cd. the sub is working. does the fact the tweeter works mean the amp is ok or is there a separate amp or cross-over in play? Is there a thread you can point me to where I could find out how to access and test this amp you are talking about? are these amps repairable?

• 1 year later...

Yes even when the radio is on.

The amp is starting to go.:cries:

I have the same problem in my new to me 91 ls400 with nakamichi. the right side upper door tweeter works or at least it generates some very tinny high pitched sound which I assume is normal, but the main right side speakers are completely dead for radio and cd. the sub is working. does the fact the tweeter works mean the amp is ok or is there a separate amp or cross-over in play? Is there a thread you can point me to where I could find out how to access and test this amp you are talking about? are these amps repairable?

The tweeters are fed via a passive( non powered) crossover from the main ( midrange) door speakers so if you can hear the tweeters working the amp is working so it will be the midrange door speakers that have gone.

There are plenty of aftermarket speakers around. I think they are 5" 4 Ohms.

For access to the speakers follow this link

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/fdoorpanel.html

Maybe you can try to swap the speakers Left to Right to see whether the speaker had shorted out. If it were the amp., try Ebay before the dealer. Good luck to you.

If I can jump in here... My rear deck speaker... The sub?... is not working. I've moved fad, balance, bass etc. with no luck. Could this be fused in any way? or .... ??? Thanks for your help

What year is your car and which system does it have ( pioneer or nakamichi)?