Are The 18" Teleios Wheels Chrome?

I was wondering if the optional Teleios wheels are chrome? I am suppose to pick up a set Thursday, but if they are not chrome I am not going to waste my time (price of $1695.00 from dealer).

I'm told that Lexus does not offer chrome this year so the dealer sends the std wheels out to be chromed

• 11 months later...
The Teleios wheels are actually painted on chrome.

Hello lexuspartsgod!

I'm a new member to the Club, and I arrived here as I have several complaints about my '07 460L. I'm certainly curious about any other owners who may be experiencing similar issues.

As for the Chromed Telios wheels, you're absolutley right. They are painted on 'Chrome Wheels' and they're absolute crap.

I bought my 460L from a dealer in Fort Worth, and it had 1800 miles on it, as well as the chrome wheels. Within a few weeks, I began to notice bubbling of the chrome finish, primarily on one rim, primarily around the lug nut wells. Now, 6 months later (6,000 miles on the car), I am finding 'peeling' on all of the rims. Lexus tells me that the rims are 'aftermarket' and therefore not warrantable, even though they were dealer installed??

I'm now looking for aftermarket wheels, but in my initial readings, this isn't going to be easy, eiher.

I'd advise anyone to steer clear of what the dealers are offering.

Thanks

Bob

Lexus tells me that the rims are 'aftermarket' and therefore not warrantable, even though they were dealer installed??

I'm now looking for aftermarket wheels, but in my initial readings, this isn't going to be easy, eiher.

Thanks

Bob

Thats just wrong. If its a dealer accessory offered by Lexus and installed by a Lexus dealership, it should be covered. I'd recommend you call Lexus for help.

Are you sure you have the Telios wheels and not OEM wheels that were chromed aftermarket?

The telios wheels are a factory optioned OEM part, there should be no question whether or not they would be covered by the warranty.

Can you post a picture of your wheels?

Hello lexuspartsgod!

I'm a new member to the Club, and I arrived here as I have several complaints about my '07 460L. I'm certainly curious about any other owners who may be experiencing similar issues.

As for the Chromed Telios wheels, you're absolutley right. They are painted on 'Chrome Wheels' and they're absolute crap.

I bought my 460L from a dealer in Fort Worth, and it had 1800 miles on it, as well as the chrome wheels. Within a few weeks, I began to notice bubbling of the chrome finish, primarily on one rim, primarily around the lug nut wells. Now, 6 months later (6,000 miles on the car), I am finding 'peeling' on all of the rims. Lexus tells me that the rims are 'aftermarket' and therefore not warrantable, even though they were dealer installed??

Thanks

Bob

Bob,

Did you buy the Telios wheels or the Lexus chrome wheels?

Which Ft. Worth dealer did you buy your car from?