95 Ls Subwoofer

AFter doing some searching, it appears the subwoofer is some kind of specialty item that probably costs a ton to replace with oem. I swear, I hate this car sometimes.

Mine blew out this morning, thanks to my Ipod. Does anyone have a suggestion on an aftermarket one they've used that's worked, and didn't require the freakin' engine to be removed to make it fit?

Thanks guys! :cheers:

EDIT: I am told these will work, the Rockford Fosgate P18S4. Anyone use one before?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jcirYFBIJgj/c...&I=575P18S4

AFter doing some searching, it appears the subwoofer is some kind of specialty item that probably costs a ton to replace with oem. I swear, I hate this car sometimes.

Mine blew out this morning, thanks to my Ipod. Does anyone have a suggestion on an aftermarket one they've used that's worked, and didn't require the freakin' engine to be removed to make it fit?

well, NC, heres my advice...simply take your vehicle to your local private stereo shop, purchase a 10" sub and enclosure. something like JL, Kenwood, Clarion, Diamond audio, ALPINE, etc....steer clear of MTX, Eclipse and anything SONY. sony does not belong in the car audio business they are junk.

it shouldnt cost you more than $500, and you can get something like what i have for about $250. , you will lose a little trunk space, but you will have better sound that can handle anything your ipod will throw at it. the shop you buy from should be able to hook you up with the enclosure that will fit your space conserving needs, or custom make one if nesscary for a few dollars more. Be forwarned, the shops may look shady, but usually the ones that look run down do the best work, cause they are in it cause they like to do it. if you walk in and the shop looks presentable, but the building is old and the guy behind the counter is in his early-mid 20's and kind of scraggly lookin, thats ecactly where you want to be. :)

EDIT: I am told these will work, the Rockford Fosgate P18S4. Anyone use one before?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-jcirYFBIJgj/c...&I=575P18S4

I see subs come up on fleebay from time to time...

Not sure if this one will fit; it's for a 98-00. There are a couple other ones up there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-00-Lexus...sspagenameZWDVW

• 1 month later...