Vin Tag Locations For 95-97 Ls400

jaed2

I was just wondering where the vin tags are located on the second generation LS. How many are there in total? are there ones on the rear fender and trunk lid? how about the front and rear door jams? Thanks for the info!

My gs had VIN ecthing on the windows and a bunch of other places, I don't know if the car came like that or if the previous owner who was a leasee paid to have it done. The usual places for the VIN that I have noticed are the dash, firewall in engine bay, drivers side door jamb... and the engine itself if I'm not mistaken. Are you planning on stealing a car and scratching out the numbers...? cause thats a lot of work.

Ha! not trying to steal any cars, just trying to figure out if my trunk lid has been replaced. I'm actually talking about the little vin tags that toyota puts on various car body parts to prevent theft(?) and also make it easier to detect if a car has been in a major accident. I think they are officially called "theft security tags" but don't quote me.

I have the lexus vin tags on:

1. each of the doors

2. each front fender

3. hood

4. drivers side door jam

...That i can find. Just don't see one on my trunk lid and wasn't sure if the lid had been replaced or removed as i'm the second owner. Thought it might be under the lid liner or maybe it was never there? Also, are there ever vin tags on the bumper covers? if so, where? do any other LS owners have them on their trunk lids or rear fenders? Any pics? Thanks!

I just checked my trunk lid, and I did not see a VIN tag on it. I don't know if it fell off, if there isn't one in the first place, or if it's hidden behind the trim; my trunk has never been replaced. The last time I took the lining of the trunk out, I vaugely remember seeing vin tags on the fenders. I'm not 100% on that though.