Windshield Washer Jets

I have a 98 ES300 and this winter season I discovered this little problem... The washer jets are far from ideal.. First, they spray in three thin lines, of which two seem to spray below the wiper operaton area :censored: So I end up with one effective thin spray line which is insufficient, needless to say.

I've tried adjusting the jets with a needle...Needle 0 : Spray Jet 2..

I'm wondering if anybody else has a similar problem and if you were able to adjust or maybe replace the jets with another type? Just wondering what can be done.

I've seen a couple of $8 replacement jets at autoparts stores. How are they, anybody has any experience? I'm hesitant towards buying $8 no-name parts..

I have a 98 ES300 and this winter season I discovered this little problem... The washer jets are far from ideal.. First, they spray in three thin lines, of which two seem to spray below the wiper operaton area :censored: So I end up with one effective thin spray line which is insufficient, needless to say.

I've tried adjusting the jets with a needle...Needle 0 : Spray Jet 2..

I'm wondering if anybody else has a similar problem and if you were able to adjust or maybe replace the jets with another type? Just wondering what can be done.

I've seen a couple of $8 replacement jets at autoparts stores. How are they, anybody has any experience? I'm hesitant towards buying $8 no-name parts..

I suggest that you go to the Lexus Parts Counter and pickup a set of washer nozzles from a 2005 ES330. I hated the wiper nozzles on my 98 ES300, so I replaced them with ones off the newer ES, and I absolutely LOVE them. They spray a mist instead of two crappy streams .... so much better & worht the $20 I paid!!!

--Antonio

Yeah I don't know why lexus thought having three distinct streams was a great idea, I was thrilled that my ES had the nice mist nozzles. thats what I would do, swap em out.

I did the same mod when I had my '01 ES. Replaced the nozzles with the ones from a '03 ES, and swapped them out within 15 minutes. Just get a business card and pry the nozzles out from either side as they are held on by clips. When you order the new nozzles, make sure they are the same color as the ones you have before.

Put the new nozzles in today. Luckly, they had the white ones in stock, too. Now all I need is some dirt.

Oh, I've noticed that the nozzles spray just slightly over the whipers, not in the middle of the windshield. I figure it's so that the water sprays evenly over the whipers before they start whiping.

djspawn00,

Here's two pics of the nozzles I took off the 98 ES300. The 03(05) ones are identical in shape and clip design. You could take your Solara's out and compare :)

nozzle02.jpg

nozzle01.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers