*official Lx570 Thread*

cpruitt

I read about a new LX 570 to debut at the New York Auto Show. Has anyone saw pictures of this perhaps?

Lexus LX 570

I have seen photos of the front and back and it looks like the GX instead of the LX.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to the LX570 . I presently own a 2006 LX470 , but if the new style beside a new engine includes better accomodations I will be in line to purchase one would love to have the seat extension just like the LS430 and more console room like the new Tundra. I am extremely happy with my LX , the highway mpg is a little over 20 miles and on the city normaly 17 or 18 mpg with premium gas.

• 4 weeks later...

Go to http://www.autoweek.com for a better picture than the spy shots that have been posted recently. It is their 3rd story behind the new Jeep & Ford.

I'll have to see this one in person before making any assessments. The fender flares over the wheels remind me a lot of the newer Mitsubishi Monteros which I don't like at all. As much as I hate to say it, it also has a RAV 4ish styling look to it, but on a larger scale.

Those pictures are definitely of the new Landcruiser (which will obviously resemble the new LX). You can tell by the overall size and width when comparing it to the LC sitting next to it.

I have seen some better pictures somewhere, including a side and rear profile. I'll search around and see if I can find a link to them.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/20...0/photo_01.html

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/20...08_lexus_lx570/

Consolidated all these posts into one. ;)

Edited by denslexusgx470

Here's an exclusive review on the 2008 Lexus LX 570, with details on the design and performance, as well as other features. Also included is a video and photo gallery with the SUV.

"Lexus unveiled the all-new 2008 LX 570 full-size luxury utility vehicle at a press conference today at the 2007 New York International Auto Show. The all-new third-generation LX will feature more technological advancements to provide added power, luxury, safety, roominess and both on- and off-road capability over the award-winning LX 470 it replaces..."

08_LX_570_26_aw.jpg

08_LX_570_31_9w.jpg

Read the whole review here: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/lexus/lexus-lx-570-ar31572.html

Folks please do not start different threads about the LX570 as it will become difficult for other members to read different threads so please try to put new information and thoughts and opinions in this thread. Thank you.

denslexusgx470 ;)

the inside is nice, the front is nice, but the back really needs some getting used to.

i love how they did power folding seats for both second and third row seats. the camera function for the blindspots and the front of the car are just gimmicks.

perhaps when lexus gives out these press pictures, they shouldnt use the same color as toyota (highlander last month). From the side, it kinda does look like a bloated up '08 highlander

I'll have to see it in person. You can actually get information off the Lexus.com website. I wondering what the MPG is going to be.

To beat competition, it's should be at LEAST the current MPG, if not, around the GX's mpg or better.

I just noticed something (and thought they changed it in the new 570). Personally I dislike the split trunk door, it makes it hard to reach the items that are far inside the car because either the bottom door is too high, or sticks out (when it's down) towards you too far. <_<

I know, at least I like it better than the door on the GX and the Rav4. I totally don't get that...

Whats wrong with a hatch?

Why, what's wrong with my GX's rear door! lol. j/k. Yea I wasn't too fond of it, but it saves me from scratches and dents. I just realized that cars this big sometimes have their trunk doors (if they open up) hit the frame of my garage. It's a PITA that i have to deal with when openning the trunk of the 4Runner.

And don't forget the FJ Cruiser too! lol. ;)

I read about a new LX 570 to debut at the New York Auto Show. Has anyone saw pictures of this perhaps?

Lexus LX 570

PICTURES OF THE 570 AT LEXUS.COM CLICK ON FUTURE/CONCEPT VEHICLES AND THERE IS A PICTURE OF THE NEW TRUCK INTERIOR AND ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS BETTER THAN I EXPECTED

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I've been looking forward to this new LX for a long time and I'm not really impressed! Bloated Highlander, Bigger Rav 4, GX, Landruiser look-alike, whatever you wanna call it, it just doesn't flow with everything else Lexus is doing. The new LS, IS, GS, and ES are all groundbreaking designs, the new LX, I dunno, it looks like something picked out of the trash for the blueprints of the 06 line. Not too impressive. On an SUV scale, the new escalade, the improvements that were made are very noticeable, sharp, fresh, new, etc., same thing for the Navigator (though I don't like either car) The chasis of the LX isn't as great as the G500, which has never made a change, but it always had it's place in the bigger SUV market.

The one thing I do like is that the second row seats fold up towards the windows, that's cool! Everything else, not worth the hefty price tag.

cant really judge it now. I wasnt too fond of the rear of it, but im going to have to make a final decision when i see it in person on the streets. Might look good in black.

exterior needs some work definately. The interior is modern looking and i think is very Lexus. Problem with the LX design is that it is hard to add the L-finesse philosophy that they used on the sedans because it requires low/slanting roods and short trunk lid. Cant really use that on an SUV. the RX is the closest representation of that.

Problem with redesigns is that once the good design has been produced, the next ones will not look good until maybe after a few generations down the road. It's like a pyramid, it has a peak (when the design is so great) and it will slowly go downhill with the next designs until they start to climb back up again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on my second LX but have recently driven the new and improved Escalade. They have finally corrected the roll into the corners, dressed up its looks both inside and out and no doubt beat everyone on pure horsepower. It has a great sound from that big V8. But I'm holding out hope that the new LX570 will continue to be my vehicle of choice. For one, there are 10 Escalades for every one LX on the street where I live. I think the 1 inch width and 4 inch length increase in the interior cockpit will be very noticeable and the power fold seats will help but I want POWER along with my comfortable ride. Good introduction video available on Lexus.com.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, longtime reader first-time poster. :D Was this close ---> <--- to pulling the trigger on an LS460 purchase till I ran across the LX570 in the Future Vehicles section of the Lexus website. And yeh, color me impressed. It looks like they've lifted all the best styling cues and tech features from the 460 and placed them into the 570. That is very refreshing ! And the extra 100 hp and torque boost along with the Sequential Shift will put the "Sport" back into SUV. And that "cool box" feature in the console will be a nice convenience. Not sure I like the restyled aux gauges but at least they're all still there. Really hope they offer the 570 in a metallic red or blue. I'll be one of the first in the metro DC area to get one !