Brake Pad Lite On--help

tansupplyman

I concur with recent thread that the lite has no reset and actuates by grounding the lite at the brake pad sensor.

My lite is ON; I have checked each brake pad sensor wiring for continuity[taken each wire off car and checked---there are 2 wires here and if wear occurs at tip(by rotor) then must the rotor wear thru the brass end connector or the 2 wires for the circuit to be broken. I DO have continuity in all the wires].

When I connect them back to the connector on the chassis why does the light not go out.

This is contrary to the single line wiring diagram in the service manual that shows a grounding to take place!!!!

Or is there a certain resistence that this brake pad sensor wire must have in order to trigger the lite[this is NOT indicated in the manual-so would assume not.

Gave up on this several months ago but want to pursue it again. I have not,but intend to, loop a standard #14 wire in the circuit connector on the chassis to see if the light will go out but will check the following first.

I have an idea that the 2 wires are really 'one' wire[as per wiring diagram] and the system grounds against the rotor whenever the plastic tip wears off and exposes the brass end to the rotor. Think this is standard for most auto system.

But why with new pads and nothing is touching them is the lite ON??

Guess I need encouragement to start looking at this again--it is so unorthedox I just quit!!!

Any ideas or encouragement out there???

what happend to me is the wire touched the rim and as the result it got damaged. so i just fixed the wire and the light was gone......

check ur wires.