Bosch Refrigerators?

branshew

We're getting ready to re-model our kitchen and have settled on a Bosch Dishwasher and Bosch Dual Fuel slide-in range. Bosch also has a promo right now where if you buy a Bosch refrigerator, a bosh range or oven, and a Bosh vent hood or microwave, you can get the dishwasher for free. I haven't setled on a range hood, but I know that we'll need one.

I have a Bosch washer & dryer and have had the dishwasher before at our last house. I also have several Bosch power tools, and I am convinced that they make excellent consumer products (except for some of their German car components). I know that the Bosch refrigerators are relatively new to the market and don't have much history. Does anyone have any experience with them?

While the free dishwasher would be nice, I don't want to be a guinea pig for their trial run on refrigeration.

I wouldn't be worried about it. Bosch makes extremely high quality consumer appliances, I have a lot of clients with them and they really have a reputation that helps you come resale time. People also like to see appliances that all match, so I'd go for it.

When we were upgrading the kitchen back in autumn 2004, my wife replaced her 1992 GE range/oven with a 2004 Bosch range/convection oven in stainless steel. It's been a fantastic unit with absolutely no problems thus far and it gets a tremendous amount of usage since she loves to cook for family and friends. I'm sure that Bosch top-line refrigerators are just as good as their convection ovens. I'd have no qualms about buying one.

What I remember most about buying the Bosch range/convection oven was how heavy that sucker is. It took only the two of us to remove the old GE unit, but I had to go round up three more of my neighborhood buddies when I brought the Bosch unit home from Lowe's in my Ram pickup. It took four of us to get it off the truck, into the house, and installed in its place. But that just shows you how solid these Bosch units are built....

I just came across the Consumer Reports where they rated the Bosch last in their comparison of side by side models. Apparently it didn't fare too well in the "Temperature Performance" category. Of course CR's description of Temp Performance is so vague that it's hard to tell what that really means. I'm not sure if that means that the actual temp settings didn't match the programmed ones or what. It was excellent or above average in all other measured categories.

Funny that a White Westinghouse model was rated higher as was a Galaxy? brand (never heard of them).

I won't let CR sway me too much though. Although I find CR helpful for some things, I think that they tend to be too nit-picky and get hung up about minor details a lot of the time. Just look at some of their car reviews.