93 Wont Start

I have a 93 es300 and it wont seem to start. It is getting spark and fuel.It turns over like it should.

Some one told me to check the VSV and I did. It does not check to the correct ohms.

Plus some of the vacuum lines were broke off of it. Could that be the problem? Please help

cant seem to figure this thing out. Thanks

It just keeps turning over but never really trys to start. Checked timing belt and it looks good not broke or loose. I pulled a spark plug wire to see if it was getting spark and it was. loosened fuel line and fuel squirted out. Thanks

It just keeps turning over but never really trys to start. Checked timing belt and it looks good not broke or loose. I pulled a spark plug wire to see if it was getting spark and it was. loosened fuel line and fuel squirted out. Thanks

I think your plug wires are old and full of minute cracks and shorting out. Change them and put in new OEM plugs, Get a new rotor cap and report back ................................. ;)

Or you could always plug your car into this forum and we'll do an "AUTOFIX" :lol::lol::lol:

LOOK UNDER THE CAP(s)

I have seen the rotor button(s) EAT AWAY the distributor cap from the inside. It'll still give you the impression that you're getting spark (which is TRUE), but...

The Spark will be jumping all over the place; resulting in a NO START.

'92 LS 400 DISTRIBUTOR EATEN UP INTERNALLY

Edited by kennydoesit

I loosened the bolt to the fuel rail and fuel squirted out. How do I check to see if fuel is going to the injectors? I also but a nail in one of the plug wires and a spark came out. So I assumed it was getting spark. I also checked the rotor and cap and all was nice and clean no corrosion. I also sprayed start fluid in the intake, when i did this it tried to fire up. It back fired. If that is not correct please tell me anthor way. Thanks

post-21304-1173440603_thumb.jpg

How did the car run prior to it not starting?

Try removing the exhaust manifold and see if it starts or not.

YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR TIMING MARKS ON THE CAM(S) AND THE CRANKSHAFT PULLEY (BY MANUALLY TURNING THE CRANK PULLEY). IF THE MARKS DON'T LINE UP... TIMING.

ALSO, FIND A COMPRESSION GAUGE AND TEST ALL THE CYLINDERS.

THE COMP TEST WILL TELL YOU ALOT ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE UPPERMOST PART OF THE ENGINE (E.G. THE VALVES, PISTONS).

HAVING A REMOTE STARTER SWITCH ($20) HELPS ALOT TOO!

I just pulled a spark plug and it seems to be getting fuel on it. The compression seems to be fine. It is getting spark to the plug, but it doesnt look like a real strong spark.

Replace the rotor cap..............