New Toyota Plant

dcfish

No offense, but I still prefer my Toyota/Lexus from Japan. :)

I'm beginning to wonder if the new GX/LX/4R's 5.7L engine (like the available one in the new Tundra) are all going to be made in Alabama??

probably not. look at the long lineup that toyota has right now...so many models. i think they are going to keep lexus in japan as to not lose valuable customers. they are smarter than that.

Some, if not, all new RXs, are being manufactured in Canada now. A lot of the loaners I get are from Canada now.

well yes the RX is made in canada...but i think canada is even more respected than US build quality.

also, all (i think, if not most) luxury SUVs in this segment are built in north america, like the ML class and others. so there really is not point in building the RX in japan when the competitors are just as bad.

hehe mine was built in japan :D

I like toyota as a company but with my sisters 07 camry... i'm getting worried. The interior of her car seems to have been put together by kindegarteners with edible paste... I'm not sure where this model was made but i just hope they start using better glue cause stuff shouldn't be falling apart in a car... or anywhere on a car... ever.....

well yes the RX is made in canada...but i think canada is even more respected than US build quality.

also, all (i think, if not most) luxury SUVs in this segment are built in north america, like the ML class and others. so there really is not point in building the RX in japan when the competitors are just as bad.

hehe mine was built in japan :D

Well I did forget to mention that I have noticed that there seems to be a "lack of quality" in the Canada built RXs. The interior fit and finish, seems to have been downgraded. Hope that's not the case in all of them, I'm not saying that the Canadians suck at making cars, or don't know how to, but I still like mine from Japan because so far they haven't really let me down yet. ;)

No offense, but I still prefer my Toyota/Lexus from Japan. :)

I'm beginning to wonder if the new GX/LX/4R's 5.7L engine (like the available one in the new Tundra) are all going to be made in Alabama??

hmmmmm -

I'll ask one of the Toyota salesmen at the dealership I used ta work at if he knows -

~T~