Road Hazard Program

I'm thinking of getting the Bridgestone Alenzas since the Goodyear Eagle RS-As that came with my RX400h apparently weren't really meant to be on the road, like mortuary shoes. Can anyone tell me if it is smart to purchase the Road Hazard Program, insurance that I see below the price of the tire? It's around $78 on top of the reasonable $152 per tire price. Rey in L.A.

Well, I haven't had a non-fixable flat in 30 years, so I did not get the road hazard warranty. I just get so tired of paying insurance for everything, I now go with the odds that are based upon personal experience.

Dave

Rey, I would normally agree with Dave but I just experienced a failure on my Porsche with less than 1000 miles on the tires when I picked up a nail in the sidewall which was not repairable. If $78 is the cost for 4 tires you might consider it.

Tom

Thanks Dave, thanks Tom...now I'm even more confused! hehee, I'm teasing, I'm more apt to go the "I'll take my chances " route....I pay through the nose for everything that I have no choice about, I too will take my chances and see how it goes. The price is really great at $152 per tire for the Bridgestone Alenzas, I'll just be glad to get rid of the GY RS-A tires that are wearing on the inside like crazy. I left a message with the service manager at Glendale Lexus, he's been great to me, and I will see what he says about my disatisfaction about the OEM tires. Rey