Wind Noise

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that none of you own this vehicle or have this problem and its easy for you to say No Big Deal...........

You try driving it and paying for it, and then let me know that its No Big Deal

your right we dont own the vehicle. but we all live with imperfect cars.

for instance, from day one, i have had this transmission hesitation in my RX. thats unacceptable for a 20,000 car let alone a 50K. i still live with it. complained about it once to the dealer, they couldnt fix it, end of story.

i hear a rattle every morning when i go on this certain road, never complained about it, probably never will because i dont want them opening my dash.

the point is that maybe we didnt pay 80K for the car, but we still bought

"high end" luxury cars. And yes we experience some of these things but we live with it.

My guess is that none of you own this vehicle or have this problem and its easy for you to say No Big Deal...........

You try driving it and paying for it, and then let me know that its No Big Deal

I'm buying one in August.

I have purchased several cars in the past and have had problems, I'm not saying its not a PITA but I am saying thats what you get for buying the first run of a new model.

Let me say one thing though. I don't know if you realize it or not, but you come across as having the attitude that since you can afford to pay $80,000 for a car you are completely unwilling to be flexible or give people an opportunity to make things right when theres an issue. If you try and work with the dealer instead of saying things like "You don't have this car or purchased this car, try paying for it and tell me its no big deal" and get all bent out of shape the dealer isn't going to go out of their way to help you. If you act like a regular person however and be reasonable in what you expect, they'll bend over backwards to make you happy. First step? Stop telling everyone what the car costs when you discuss your concern. They know what it costs just as much as we do.

Just because you pay at lot of money for something doesn't mean you have the right to be unreasonable.

Everyone has different needs and expectations.

I decided to do some testing yesterday. I found some smooth, new roadway, turned off the A/C, and turned off the stereo. 0 to 85 mph. (Haven't tried taping the mirror hole yet.) Yes, the wind noise increased as the car went faster.... (Darn physics!)

At the same time, what noise I heard did not bother me at all. Could it be quieter? I suppose so. Is it high on my "needs list"? No. For others, it might be. Test drive it at all speeds before you buy.

To me, the car is so quiet, it doesn't take much sound to stand out. In this case, any amount of wind noise is noticeable. For me, especially with the A/C blowing and the stereo on, it's a non factor.

My apologies if I come across that way. The only reason that I have gone on this web site, was to find out if anyone else had this problem and found a fix. My dealer has been very cooperative in the fact that they are giving me another car to try. Nevertheless, I hope that this one is windless as I love the car otherwise.

I'm buying one in August.

I have purchased several cars in the past and have had problems, I'm not saying its not a PITA but I am saying thats what you get for buying the first run of a new model.

Let me say one thing though. I don't know if you realize it or not, but you come across as having the attitude that since you can afford to pay $80,000 for a car you are completely unwilling to be flexible or give people an opportunity to make things right when theres an issue. If you try and work with the dealer instead of saying things like "You don't have this car or purchased this car, try paying for it and tell me its no big deal" and get all bent out of shape the dealer isn't going to go out of their way to help you. If you act like a regular person however and be reasonable in what you expect, they'll bend over backwards to make you happy. First step? Stop telling everyone what the car costs when you discuss your concern. They know what it costs just as much as we do.

Just because you pay at lot of money for something doesn't mean you have the right to be unreasonable.

I will let you all know by Saturday. My dealer is letting me try another LS 450L that just came off the boat. I am going there on Friday if it comes in. My dealer is doing a great job in trying to accomodate me. If the new car still has the wind noise, they are taking my car back.

I will let you all know by Saturday. My dealer is letting me try another LS 450L that just came off the boat. I am going there on Friday if it comes in. My dealer is doing a great job in trying to accomodate me. If the new car still has the wind noise, they are taking my car back.

If you live in Marlton, I assume you are referring to Lexus of Cherry Hill dealership. I have been doing business with them since 96 and found them most accomodating. I had plans to get a 460L this fall but am rethinking this now. I would be very interested in your outcome with both the dealership and personnel you deal with.

Just came back from Lexus of Cherry Hill with my new LS460L with wind noise on the driver side. They let me drive one that just came in, same exact car. NO WIND NOISE. NONE. I am happy to say that the GM, Tom Norton, is going to do "an exchange of collateral", which means I am getting the new vehicle tomorrow.

Good stuff from them. They are the best to deal with. Paul Sidario is the geneal sales manager and was quite helpful. If you want a good dealership, use them.

Also, the wind noise must not be a design flaw in the car.

Just came back from Lexus of Cherry Hill with my new LS460L with wind noise on the driver side. They let me drive one that just came in, same exact car. NO WIND NOISE. NONE. I am happy to say that the GM, Tom Norton, is going to do "an exchange of collateral", which means I am getting the new vehicle tomorrow.

Good stuff from them. They are the best to deal with. Paul Sidario is the geneal sales manager and was quite helpful. If you want a good dealership, use them.

To help other LS owners, please clarify: 1. Since when do you have your car/how many miles? 2. Getting an exchange is great. I guess that this means the dealer wasn't able to repair. 3. Did you get in touch with Lexus Customer Service to get the exchange? 4. If this appears to be just an agreement between you and your dealer, how your experience could help other owners to also get an exchange from dealers who are not so helpful.

Thank you ;)

1) had my car one week before bringing it in for wind noise.

2) According to Lexus, there is no fix yet.

3) Yes Lexus Customer service was involved...

4) Well, I called Lexus CS and they called the dealer. I have no idea how this deal was made between them. All I know is what is happening.

Lexus does not want negative publicity, so I assume that they told the dealer what to do.

To help other LS owners, please clarify: 1. Since when do you have your car/how many miles? 2. Getting an exchange is great. I guess that this means the dealer wasn't able to repair. 3. Did you get in touch with Lexus Customer Service to get the exchange? 4. If this appears to be just an agreement between you and your dealer, how your experience could help other owners to also get an exchange from dealers who are not so helpful.

Thank you ;)

All right! Glad to hear they're going to take care of you.

What it means is that the wind noise must be a production irregularity.

OK, Glad they resolved this matter. I know both men very well. Paul is a big reason why I keep going back there for my new cars. Looks like the LS460L will remain on my list.

John

• 2 weeks later...

From another forum dated April 14th: I was contacted by my dealer today. They received a conference call from Lexus today. Lexus said the LS 460 is priority one for Lexus. Lexus will be replacing the front windows of the short wheel base cars with the thicker glass from the L. They will also be adding some insulation as well. A service bulletin will be out shortly.

I thought I would share the info...

Craig

I am buying a LS460 from Longo in Southern Cal. They are the biggest dealership on the west coast. The sales manager and the service department have not heard of the wind problem or upcoming repairs. The LS460 I ordered should be in the port today or tomorrow. It will be interesting if they deliver the car with the wind noise problem.