Wind Noise

Dears,

I have LS460 and I have the same wind noise problem once I cross 50 mile. I did not report this problem yet to the dealer. My car still not reached 500 miles. However, I tried to trouble shoot the problem my self. What I did is as the following:

1- Close the driver window completely

2- Then press the open button very fast (fast touching) to just let the glass of the window to rest and not to open.

Please try this way I experience it reduce the wind noise obviously. So I think the problem is not related to the outside mirror any more. It looks like something related to window glass balance or sealing design problem. Pls. try what I mentioned above and let me know what the result is.

Regards,

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 5 week old LS 460 with 1500 miles has the wind-noise problem on the drivers side window. My service advisor opened a Case ticket with Lexus and I'm told that a Lexus FTS will oversee the repair-not sure if that involves the 460L window and moulding as I've seen on some of the other posts. I'll update.

tsb for the wind noise is nv009-07, swb ls460's below vin number 75039579, and l models 75016531. so if your last 8 are below this number than the wind noise kit will fix your car. if your number is higher than this than the fix is already been performed at the plant.

I've had the TSB done on my car. The wind noise is gone. They replaced the front windows with laminated glass out of the LS 460L and added more insulation. BTW, my car is a November 2006 build.

I've also had the TSB completed for the transmission as well. It got rid of the delay after being stopped for 10 seconds.

BTW, a Lexus serivce rep worked on my car. The dealer has to complete 2 repairs before they can do the repair on

their own.

Here is the parts list...

QTY---------------FP NUMBER -----------Description:

08...................... 75562-30070 ............... Clip. Roof Drip S

01...................... 75545-30150 ............... Clip. Windshield

01...................... 75546-30100 ............... Clip. Windshield

06...................... 90269-A0006 ............... Rivet

01...................... 68102-50200 ............... Glass Sub-assy. F

01...................... 68101-50200 ............... Glass Sub-assy. F

Craig

I have an LS460L, purchased June 30 and I've put 6,000 miles on it already with two very long cross country trips with absolutly no noise problems. This car has been flawless. I did have an SC430 and that car was a complete nightmare and was in the shop for a wide variety of problems every few months. I learned in the process that Lexus dealers are not all alike. One dealer went far out of their way to fix the problems from the start while the other claimed to be woking on the problems, but the problems always came back. They acted like they cared, but in reality they weren't doing much to solve my problems. I've also learned in the prcess that Lexus will only stand behind problems to a point. My SC430 had annoying seat rattles and thier response was "we have no solution to that problem." Another dealer figured out a solution on their own. I am not impressed with their reps.

This is my fourth Lexus and I keep coming back to Lexus mostly because the cars are still a good value, but overall, I've learned not to count on their service reps or some dealers to truly solve my problems. I'd not have another Lexus if it wasn't for me finding a dealer that did really care about service. It's not convenient for me to drive the distance to the other dealer, but in the end it changed my view of the product. If you're not getting satisfaction with your dealer, I strongly suggest trying another in your area if possible. Some really do care about the product and others don't.

Also, has anyone quantified the wind noise problem with a dB meter? I have a meter and I'd love to know what your numbers look like at freeway speeds. I know my car is extremely quiet and I'd be happy to share some numbers.

Tom

I have an LS460L, purchased June 30 and I've put 6,000 miles on it already with two very long cross country trips with absolutly no noise problems. This car has been flawless. I did have an SC430 and that car was a complete nightmare and was in the shop for a wide variety of problems every few months. I learned in the process that Lexus dealers are not all alike. One dealer went far out of their way to fix the problems from the start while the other claimed to be woking on the problems, but the problems always came back. They acted like they cared, but in reality they weren't doing much to solve my problems. I've also learned in the prcess that Lexus will only stand behind problems to a point. My SC430 had annoying seat rattles and thier response was "we have no solution to that problem." Another dealer figured out a solution on their own. I am not impressed with their reps.

This is my fourth Lexus and I keep coming back to Lexus mostly because the cars are still a good value, but overall, I've learned not to count on their service reps or some dealers to truly solve my problems. I'd not have another Lexus if it wasn't for me finding a dealer that did really care about service. It's not convenient for me to drive the distance to the other dealer, but in the end it changed my view of the product. If you're not getting satisfaction with your dealer, I strongly suggest trying another in your area if possible. Some really do care about the product and others don't.

Also, has anyone quantified the wind noise problem with a dB meter? I have a meter and I'd love to know what your numbers look like at freeway speeds. I know my car is extremely quiet and I'd be happy to share some numbers.

Tom

Most people who have the L have not had the wind noise problem, but few have. I have the SWB and had

the TSIB done with the laminated glass and my wind noise is gone.

Craig