Question About Transmission Flare

ADoll

I never twisted what you said or made sarcastic remarks, I simply asked a question about your opinion.

Ira, was I the sarcastic one? I know what you are stating is your opinion, and I am countering with my opinions. That's the problem with opinions, they're like a-holes, everybody has one. From reading other posts of yours, it doesn't seem like you've had much luck with yours, like the audio system cd-changer, volume controls, that's unnacceptable stuff. That would warrant system replacement in my (again) opinion. Maybe they could upgrade you to an ML system as a courtesy for your troubles (maybe a dream but it's worth a try).

Now about things that wear out or go like tires, breaks, and shocks, things happen. Yesterday my boss was driving to work and hit a pot hole that bent the rim. Now he has to replace the rim. Unfortunate, but happens... The other day I hit a bad bump on the road and was worried that I might have hurt something with the suspension (it's just a fear of mine, but it could happen). And, with holiday traffic, I had to slam on my brakes to prevent rear-ending someone (I hate when a light turns green, you cross the intersection, and traffic suddenly stops!) and was worried about uneven wear on my tires and extra wear on my brakes. So, the breaks and tires might wear out, shocks might go, but it is not Lexus' fault. I tell you what, the car did stop quickly, I don't know if my 00 Honda would have stopped like that!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about where you live but in my neck of the woods brake and shock work is not

cheap.I dont have to suck anything up but maybe you need to suck it up farther more its

so child like for grown men to try to berate someone because of their opnion why dont

you treat people the way you would like to be treated.

So you paid how much for you car and you are compling about prices? That is like SUV people that complain about gas prices. That is part of OWNERSHIP and suck it up. Again prices are the same anywhere and Lexus is no diff then anyother.

You opinions are fine but they are not realistic here. Do some design work myfriend along with quality and you will realize nothing is perfect. You think because of (1) car you had, that is the benchmark. Sorry, does not work that way.

PS. brakes and shocks are cheap. I do mine with OEM part cheap. If you go to the dealer that is part of owning a car and not doing DIY. Need a sticker?

I can dish it out and take it but give me a break, you need a sticker on the car about tires? Again, lawyers love people like yourself.