Cats Glowing Red

rich21

so it looks like everyone needs to send me beer :P

Sorry to bust in here, but since the problem is solved, I am asking for help with what might be a similar problem. It's related to ignition anyway.

I p[osted my own thread but cause I'm a newbie, I guess I'm getting no replies...

It looks like you know your way around these cars, so I am asking for your help. I justg bought a 99 sc300 and right away it burned out two ingiters. This while at a trusted mechanics shop. They are going thru the car. This baffles them. They know mitsubishis real well; in fact my very modded 3000 gt was built there. I know 3000s but not sc300. Can you help? Anyone?

Thanks.

Dave

Jibby:

Thanks for the reply. YES.

I am facing buying another tomorrow or Tuesday in an attempt to fix. This is crazy. At the price of these things, after a few more , I could have bought a used motor.

Any idea where to get them? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Sorry jzz30, it looks like my reply was the second post in this thread. Remember to email me the tracking numbers. :D

:chairshot: oops! i thought i was the first :blushing: i'll be sending the beer :P

now back to the subject. i wouldnt plug in a new one yet. you should figure out whats burning them up!

Hahha. See....I told you so.

But like jzz30 said, don't plug in new coil packs yet...and send me the beers... :D .

It's best that you check everything out before "shotgunning" it. There's a reason that the second set of ignitors burnt out.

Sounds like there is a bad ground or an electrical short and or over load problem....That surely doesn't sound like an easy fix....ECU, wire harness, etc....Hard to tell...

Good luck on the fix wish I could be more help...