Time For Some A$$ Whoopin'

Rx330driver

2004RX330 AWD 60K

Okay, i was parking on a hill, (San Francisco) a pretty steep one at that. So i turn it in drive to try to straigen out the car, and gas. Well, surprise surprise, the car did not turn into gear. and i rolled back. I didnt realize this, so i kept gassing and the engine was revving, until i hit the car behind me!! For the love of god. i turned off the engine, restarted it, and turned it to drive and it was perfectly okay. I didnt see any thing on the car behind me but i still left a note. My car now has some paint scratches from the license plate.

Oh, and it was an RX330 behind me. so if your on this forum, and recieved a note, you know its me.:whistles:

anybody know why it did this. IVe read some posts here where older RX's had the same problem, but not the RX330 or later. early transmission issue symptoms im guessing.

I thought that delay was common in the RX330. At least the one we drove as a loaner had that problem. If you were on a hill however, maybe the fluid is marginally low and lost pressure.

Are you sure you were not in "N"?

San Francisco, parallel parking, incline, hurrying up for cars in the back........ :whistles:

I would experiment with the car on similar incline to be sure there was a fault in transmission and take Lexus to court from there.... :D

I would experiment with the car on similar incline to be sure there was a fault in transmission and take Lexus to court from there....

well ill experiment every morning when i park my car at work

:huh: Man that is real strange...I would take it in now! Tell them what happened so they can have it on file!

Did you check the fluid level to make sure it is not too low? Like I said earlier, maybe marginal level and lost pump pressure till you increased rpm.