Mass Air Flow Sensor Part# And Prices-rx300

Boyd98

I recently replaced the mass air flow sensor in my wife's 2000 RX300-All Wheel Drive. Reason for replacement - I damaged the sensor while trying to clean the two sensing wires. The Toyota/Lexus part number for this sensor is 22204-07010. My local Lexus dealer wanted $195 for it. My local Toyota dealer wanted $158. However, I found a remanufactured Toyota 22204-07010 at Autozone for $79.99 plus tax after giving them the core (core charge was 65.00). Note: this is the same sensor used in the 2001-2003 Toyota Highlander with V6 engine.

To Install...I disconnected the battery to cancel any codes that were set (check engine light was on), reconnected the battery, put the part in place, tightened the two screws and reconnected the wiring harness to the part.

Her car is, again, purring like a kitten. :) Location - Long Beach, CA

I recently replaced the mass air flow sensor in my wife's 2000 RX300-All Wheel Drive. Reason for replacement - I damaged the sensor while trying to clean the two sensing wires. The Toyota/Lexus part number for this sensor is 22204-07010. My local Lexus dealer wanted $195 for it. My local Toyota dealer wanted $158. However, I found a remanufactured Toyota 22204-07010 at Autozone for $79.99 plus tax after giving them the core (core charge was 65.00). Note: this is the same sensor used in the 2001-2003 Toyota Highlander with V6 engine.

To Install...I disconnected the battery to cancel any codes that were set (check engine light was on), reconnected the battery, put the part in place, tightened the two screws and reconnected the wiring harness to the part.

just to clarify, the one you bought from toyota wasn't a "toyota reman", it was remaned by someone else. toyota doesn't reman these. it started life out as a toyota part, then it went bad and was bought and remaned by a company called A1 Cardone.

Reason for replacement - I damaged the sensor while trying to clean the two sensing wires.

Can I ask how you damaged it? I recently read the instructions on cleaning this and I plan to try it soon. I'm not much of a mechanic and if there are some pitfalls to look out for then I'd appreciate knowing about them in advance. Did you spray with alcohol and dab with a q-tip?

Reason for replacement - I damaged the sensor while trying to clean the two sensing wires.

Can I ask how you damaged it? I recently read the instructions on cleaning this and I plan to try it soon. I'm not much of a mechanic and if there are some pitfalls to look out for then I'd appreciate knowing about them in advance. Did you spray with alcohol and dab with a q-tip?

Personally, I've always filled a large zip lock back with pure alcohol and submerged the elements. I don't like touching them with anything.

• 4 years later...

What is the best way to go.....re-man part or factory new? I know price is a big diff, but what about quality? I was told to look for orig used from salvage or bite the bullet and spend $$ for OEM. I don't know if it is true but was told non orig part does not have Platinum is why $$ is lower and the resistance will be diff and give the computer odd readings. Thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

"Personally, I've always filled a large zip lock back with pure alcohol and submerged the elements. I don't like touching them with anything."

I don't know if you knew or not, but they sell MAF sensor cleaner. It is a spray bottle that cost about $8.

• 1 year later...

"Personally, I've always filled a large zip lock back with pure alcohol and submerged the elements. I don't like touching them with anything."

I don't know if you knew or not, but they sell MAF sensor cleaner. It is a spray bottle that cost about $8.

Its CDC Mass Air Flow cleaner available at any parts store.

What is the best way to go.....re-man part or factory new? I know price is a big diff, but what about quality? I was told to look for orig used from salvage or bite the bullet and spend $$ for OEM. I don't know if it is true but was told non orig part does not have Platinum is why $$ is lower and the resistance will be diff and give the computer odd readings. Thanks for any input.

Over the last 15 years or so, I have had bad luck with reman'd MAF sensors on various vehicles. If the MAF on my RX goes bad, I will replace it with a new one.