Might Sell My Ls

nc211

lenore,

Lots of time spent in Leesburg must equate to weeks and months (maybe even years) of training classes at the big Xerox education compound that used to be there. Maybe it still is....

Well....no new car for me for a bit...one word killed this pipe dream for the moment.....one word, one word only........ IRS :chairshot: :censored::pirate::blink::angry: :cries:

I don't blame you. I don't know what we would do if we didn't have a vehicle with a hatch.

Hmm...thats an idea. What does your wife think about something like the Mazda 3 hatchback? We looked at them for Carla, and they are well built, sporty, and fun, with a nice dose of utility too.

That way you could keep the Lexus lol

My wife and I have the Matrix, which is really nice, and comes with an even better package than the package we got. Ours is nearly fully loaded, doesnt have leather or power seats, but it has everything else... AWD and LOTS of cargo space.

and what are you talking about NC, everytime you think about selling the LS, something happens and you end up liking the car even more! your hooked, admit it. :D

hey for $8,000, i might take it off your hands in a little while lol.

Holy Smokes, look whos' back on the boards!! Josh, good to hear from you man!

The kid is in the middle of a freakin' war zone, litterally, and is still raving about that Toyota Matrix! Hahaha... I know, I know....I get this wild hair idea about every 6 months to ditch the LS for something newer, and I never can make myself do it. Honestly, I think it might become my airport car in the future. I have been in San Diego for the past 5 days, and came back to my car being covered in dirt! How that happened is beyond me, especially since it was on the 5th level of the covered parking deck. I think the wind probably stirred up the dirt from the concrete as many other cars were covered in that crap too. But made me realize how MAD I would of been if it had been on my new 430. I know the car will always start and get me home, in comfort. There is something going on with the steering these days, it's a bit loose. I think it's time for some inner tie rods...might have to ring-up homer soon.

Man, great to hear from ya' Josh! I was sitting in the Dallas airport earlier tonight with a group of army guys, one looked a lot like you. Infact, I almost walked up and asked him if it was you.

I always said that I look forward to having to pay taxes some day, because that means I'm making enough to have to pay, but damn, does it have to be this year? It's not bad, just a few hundred bucks, but sure wasn't happy to see that ticker switch from black to red. I've deducted everything on earth that i legally can, interest on the mortgage, donations during the move, you name it. Still got slapped. Haven't had the house long enough to really benefit from the interest deductions yet.

Keep in mind that tax refunds are for financially inept fools who do no tax planning year-to-year and think they're coming out ahead of the game by getting a refund check. What they can't seem to fathom is that they've just provided the government with an interest-free loan of their own hard-earned dollars - money that they could have invested or in your particular case, poured into the constant tweaking of your aging LS....

If you're not having to pay at least a little every year, you're doing a *BLEEP*-poor job of managing your money to its maximum benefit for you and your family....

Holy Smokes, look whos' back on the boards!! Josh, good to hear from you man!

The kid is in the middle of a freakin' war zone, litterally, and is still raving about that Toyota Matrix! Hahaha... I know, I know....I get this wild hair idea about every 6 months to ditch the LS for something newer, and I never can make myself do it. Honestly, I think it might become my airport car in the future. I have been in San Diego for the past 5 days, and came back to my car being covered in dirt! How that happened is beyond me, especially since it was on the 5th level of the covered parking deck. I think the wind probably stirred up the dirt from the concrete as many other cars were covered in that crap too. But made me realize how MAD I would of been if it had been on my new 430. I know the car will always start and get me home, in comfort. There is something going on with the steering these days, it's a bit loose. I think it's time for some inner tie rods...might have to ring-up homer soon.

Man, great to hear from ya' Josh! I was sitting in the Dallas airport earlier tonight with a group of army guys, one looked a lot like you. Infact, I almost walked up and asked him if it was you.

I always said that I look forward to having to pay taxes some day, because that means I'm making enough to have to pay, but damn, does it have to be this year? It's not bad, just a few hundred bucks, but sure wasn't happy to see that ticker switch from black to red. I've deducted everything on earth that i legally can, interest on the mortgage, donations during the move, you name it. Still got slapped. Haven't had the house long enough to really benefit from the interest deductions yet.

what can i say, the wife and i love the matrix, the cargo room as saved us plenty of times...and the AWD, well lets just say it saved my wife this last weekend. the Fort Drum Area got 4 feet of snow in a little under 12 hours...my wife has had NO issues geting around, i would say that for the money, the AWD system is superb, but you will have to wait till next winter for a complete rundown from me on it...by the time we got it last year, it was almsot spring, so i didnt get to really test it.

Does sound like the Rack is going, if you have a good mechanic, homer can hook you up provding he still works there, i havent talked to him in awhile...about a year now, kind fo lost touch when i wrecked the lexus.

If you dont see that famous 10th mountian patch and the name "morrison" on the nametag, it isnt me LOL. but walk up and say hi to em nonetheless...it makes their day a little brighter...especially if they are heading back. i always buy them a drink or a meal, or at least offer.

as far as taxes, i wouldnt know what thats like, i got $1800 and some change back (wife isnt working and military pay isnt great) and with no house payment or rent to worry about...well lets just say i dont do itemized deductions...there really is no point for me honestly.

I will buy a house in a few years, after im done playing soldier. at which time i will be better educated and financially equipped to delve into the world of Uncle Sams Payment box...for now "hello, H&R Block? Yes i need..." :D

I am at a steady net connection for the time being so i should be able to get on more often. Later ya'll.